We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The role of the Sales Consultant will be an integral member of the Intellectual Property Solutions (IPS) performance and success. The Sales Consultant is responsible for understanding the customer?s business needs in detail and aligning their needs with appropriate IPS solutions to proactively drive workflow-specific growth and new sales opportunities.
The Sales Consultant will gain a detailed understanding of the intellectual property industry. From this foundation, the Sales Consultant works to present viable and attractive solutions to client firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives revenue growth of IPS products and solutions by meeting or exceeding new sales goals on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Pursues net new business through a high volume of strategic prospecting and account development.
- Analyzes client needs and develop strategies tailored to each organization.
- Maintains, develops and grows a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
- Negotiates and closes business segment customer contracts.
- Creates and manages a territory development plan and reports on results.
- Utilizes knowledge of intellectual property to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote business growth in the corporation and to lift growth in IPS revenues.
- Contributes to the development of new sales revenues and client retention by identifying potential sales and retention opportunities, conducting in pre-sales calls, delivering customized presentations, creating written proposals and providing subject-matter expertise.
- Builds strong ?trust? relationships with clients, creating trust and confidence at multiple levels, including users, key contacts, managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholder to identify cross-sell opportunities.
- Captures and records customer information and sales activity data into customer relationship management (CRM) system and appropriate business systems
- Maintains and reports regularly on a pipeline of sales activity, revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
- Operates as an integral member of the sales team, contributing skills and knowledge to the development of accounts.
- Obtains competitive information during daily contacts and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Proactively work with internal support groups to ensure a coordinated and effective sales effort.
- Assist in establishing product development priorities based on customer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Degree required
- Prior intellectual property knowledge and familiarity with the patents and trademark lifecycle is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment
- Proven track record of successful prospecting and consistent achievement of targets in a complex sales environment
- Proven consultative sales abilities in these areas: research and development, competitive intelligence and legal departments of corporations, financial institutions, and consulting organizations
- Knowledge of SPIN and/or Miller Heiman sales methodologies preferred
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate resources to close sales
- Assimilates new information readily and is able to apply this knowledge within a customer organization
- Ability to consult with and advise customers in order to identify their needs and apply knowledge to understand customer workflows and what is important to their business; including best practice sharing
- Comfortable building ROI calculations, and demonstrating value through pay-back/financial assumptions.
- Excellent organizational skills-ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Desire to learn and grow with an evolving organization a must. Focus on professional development will be key
- Solid knowledge of computers and business software applications.
- Ability to travel up to 70%
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.