Cargotec improves the efficiency of cargo flows on land and at sea – wherever cargo is on the move. Cargotec’s daughter brands Hiab, Kalmar and MacGregor are recognised leaders in cargo and load handling solutions around the world. Cargotec’s global network is positioned close to customers and offers extensive services that ensure the continuous, reliable and sustainable performance of equipment. Cargotec’s sales totalled EUR 3,3 billion in 2012 and it employs more than 10 500 people. Cargotec’s class B shares are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. Our investment in Stargard Szczeciński was shortlisted by Polish foreign investments and information agency as the biggest foreign greenfield investment in 2009. In September 2013 we have built another assembly plant in Stargard Szczeciński. Currently we search for suitable candidates for KALMAR Supplier Development Engineer position.
Supplier Development Engineer
Ref. no. SD/14/02
Place of work: Stargard Szczeciński and suppliers` localizations in Europe
Working time: Full time
- Work with suppliers for electric category in continues improvement programs/ process improvements and development of suppliers to prevent risk of disturbances and to reduce costs.
- Supervise the electrical assembly processes until delivery of components to Cargotec: supervision of critical components, final inspections. Spot checks if necessary.
- Secure supplier quality delivered to all Cargotec units in Europe.
- Take the lead to resolve complex supplier related technical issues on assigned cases.
- Work with suppliers in Quality and/or delivery disturbances.
- Manages the part and process development in line with project targets and timing.
- Close cooperation with R&D, sourcing and MAU based quality engineers.
- Frequent travelling to suppliers to assure quality and processes.
- To be on site at Suppliers location to follow up and verify action item implementation.
- Work proactive in transfer of new parts to a new or existing supplier as a team member in Quality Assurance Plan.
- Review and approve/ reject QAP/PPAP documents submitted by suppliers.
- Train and support suppliers in QAP/ PPAP and problem solving methods.
- Be the lead auditor in Supplier Assessments and follow up with the suppliers on action items if there are findings.
- Minimum 3 years working experience and strong knowledge in electric/electronic area (for example: production of electric cabinet, wire harnesses).
- Technical education (B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering) in electric, quality, process or production, etc.
- Ability to read technical drawings, electric diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience with quality tools as APQP, PPAP, 8D, FMEA and Root Cause Analyzes would be appreciated.
- Mobility and flexibility.
- Good communication skills and ability to team work.
- Knowledge of English (spoken and written) is a prerequisite.
- Possibility of work in the Home office system.
- A unique opportunity to participate in the setup of a new organization based on international standards.
- Challenging tasks and growth opportunities in an international work environment.
- Good interpersonal relations and spirit of cooperation.
- Attractive employment conditions, social package and all work tools needed.