Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Business IT Analyst in Planning Team
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 19829BR
The Planning & Appraisal Business IT Analyst role sits within the Upstream Business Planning & Appraisal team.
The ethos within this team is one of collaboration and working together to provide high quality decision support and insight to senior leadership. This work is used to steer Shell strategy, capital allocation and operating improvements.
Represent key interface role between Upstream Business and IT, including leadership and co-ordination of systems implementation, improvement and optimization projects with the aim to support planning process.
The Business IT Analyst will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for planning systems and data analytics. He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high quality product. This is a global role and will involve frequent interfaces with colleagues and stakeholders from around the world.
- Manage tool maintenance, improvements and problem solving, sharing best practices and learnings across Upstream Business, including guidelines and documentation
- Ensure robust Governance and Management of Change execution in the project delivery of these improvements and changes to systems and processes, in support of business requirements.
- Manage interfaces with multiple stakeholders in the Business Planning , IT and 3rd party suppliers
- Coordinate annual review of tools based on input from system users
- Ad hoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on key financial and non-financial metrics included in the planning systems
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders to deepen team's understanding of underlying issues within the system and the planning process as a whole
Where relevant coach other team members in areas of expertise
The nature of the process can result in periods of high workload and all team members are expected to contribute and demonstrate flexibility to ensure all deliverables are met.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, IT or other discipline with heavy quantitative component.
- 3-6 years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to manage and produce clear and qualified requirements from undefined and unstructured information and ensuring As-Is and To-Be processes are documented
- Ability to elicit user stories and facilitate efficient technology solution proposals
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- English C1
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent overall IT skills and interest in technology
- Programming skills (VB.NET, VBA) would be an asset
- Exposure to the full system implementation lifecycle would be an asset
- Professional qualification and/or certification like CIMA/ ACCA are nice to have
- A passion for creating technology solutions to solve business pains/challenges
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.