Corporate Governance Counsel
Location: Prague or Warsaw or Poznań
Outputs and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the statutory legal filings for the ABEG entities including instructing the third party management companies
- Providing support and facilitating the Annual General Meetings and Board of Directors' Meetings of the ABEG service companies and providing support for the operating countries
- Organizing for directors & officers changes within the ABEG and support for the operating countries
- Development and delivery of the directors and officers trainings across assigned countries
- Support for the D&O Indemnification procedure
- Organizing for the incorporation of new entities, branches, rep. offices
- Managing the change of corporate address, business purpose, articles of association (by-laws) of the ABEG service companies and support for the operating countries
- Dealing with the Commercial Register/Trade Registry Excerpts of the group entities
- Organizing and managing the agenda of distribution of the Copies of Corporate documents incl. legalization/apostille
- Actively participating, driving and contributing to strategic initiatives and projects which have a significant impact
- Identifying opportunities and savings in group management; suggesting plans and strategies for improvement for performance of the in the management of the group companies
- Creating the company data sheets providing for the information on ABEG companies, organizing for regular reporting of the subsidiaries of any changes, regularly refreshing the company data sheets
- Creating, maintaining and updating the database of the corporate resolutions, board meetings, governance meetings decisions within ABEG
- Preparation and maintenance of the Delegation of Authority for the HUB entity, providing support for management of the individual Delegation of Authorities in the operating countries
- Preparation, maintenance and update of the Terms of Reference from AGHL to ABEG and from ABEG to the operating entities
- Preparation of the Annual Declaration of Interest for the ABEG service entities, reporting the findings to the ABEG senior management
- Preparation of the semi-annual Letter of Representations, management of the process of obtaining of the representations from the operating countries and ABEG functions and reporting of the status to the ABEG audit committee
- Cooperation with AGHL on setting of the litigation report from AGEB to AGHL, delivery of the reports in frequency set by the shareholder
- Drafting and implementing group governance policies with wide range of focus such as ethics, anti-bribery, record management, regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
- Driver and influencer as well as strong hands-on approach.
- Ability to work independently and to manage a large and varied workload, and to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and prioritise financial and business risks in order that they may be successfully managed.
- Ensure that the most appropriate risk evaluation and reporting methodology for the organisation is selected and implemented and that a feedback loop to report on remaining risks, adapt policy and refine procedures is included.
- Bring a holistic view using data and commercial insights considering both short and long term priorities.
- Deliver new ideas that others may have missed.
- Partner with senior colleagues to fully understand their requirements.
- Find new ways to deliver value to the business.
- Ability to give clear practical legal advice.
- Create clarity about the key factors which need to inform a decision.
- During discussions, be sure to spend as much time listening – and responding to what others say – as talking.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders, particularly on a remote basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipate customer needs before they arise and present solutions to that address issues at hand.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Academic qualifications: Law or other undergraduate degree and subsequent law qualification.
- Professional Qualifications: lawyer, preferably with some knowledge of western European countries‘ legal systems.
- Legal training with a renowned international law firm, with significant subsequent experience in-house in a global/multinational environment, and experience in a multi-jurisdictional role.
- Experience with beverage or other global FMCG business preferred.
- Business proficiency in spoken and written English essential. Second language e.g. Czech/Slovak an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to give clear, practical, legal advice.
- Place of work can be in Prague or Warsaw or Poznań
- The environment of growing company
- Opportunity to work for top brands within the industry
- Cooperation with senior leaders from all over the globe
- Unique working place in newly designed offices in the inner centre of Prague
- Competitive salary and benefits program
Please enclose CV in English.
Kompania Piwowarska skupia trzy browary o wieloletniej historii: Tyskie Browary Książęce (rok założenia - 1629), Browar Dojlidy w Białymstoku (1768) i Lech Browary Wielkopolski w Poznaniu (1895). To w nich warzymy najchętniej wybierane przez Polaków piwa, między innymi: Żubra, Tyskie, Lecha, Dębowe, Redd'sa oraz kolekcję specjalności Książęcego. Sprawdzone receptury, naturalne składniki, nieskazitelna czystość w naszych browarach a przede wszystkim umiejętności doświadczonych piwowarów - to wszystko sprawia, że warzone przez nas piwa są cenione w Polsce i za granicą. Jako firma odpowiedzialna społecznie troszczymy się o ludzi i środowisko wokół nas. Realizując strategię „Postaw na piwo” promujemy odpowiedzialność i umiarkowanie w spożywaniu alkoholu, szkolimy sprzedawców, oszczędzamy wodę i energię, wspieramy rozwój naszych partnerów biznesowych i angażujemy się w wolontariat. Mamy zaszczyt być sponsorem wielu lokalnych klubów sportowych, wspierając dyscypliny takie, jak piłka nożna, piłka ręczna, hokej czy żużel.