Technology Center in Gdansk is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security's fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote safer, smarter and sustainable buildings. With over 160 employees we develop new products for different units from CCS group.
Lenel Systems, the global leader in advanced security systems, is the one of the unit supported in Gdansk. We serve Fortune 100
companies to effectively and efficiently protect buildings, people and assets: http://www.lenel.com/
We are currently looking for an experienced candidate to strengthen Lenel software development team.
Software Quality Assurance Automation Developer
Miejsce pracy: Gdańsk
We are re-architecting our software product, and we need a robust suite of automated tests for our new services, as well as a thorough analysis of appropriate test cases to run against those services.
You will be part of the growing QA team within our organization. You will have the opportunity to learn more about our product, technology and industry which will equip you for other exciting roles that you may aspire to.
The responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and implementing tests for both REST API services and Web Applications via automated testing methods. The services will be primarily hosted in Windows, use multiple networking protocols, and integrate with legacy client/server applications
- Evaluating business requirements and creating positive and negative test cases to comprehensively test those requirements
- Identifying interdependencies between subsystems and collaborate with peers to plan appropriate integration testing
- Analyzing and reproducing real-world scenarios in our test environment. One of your primary goals is to reduce overall test cycles
- This position will include working with Senior Automation Lead(s) to ensure the Automation processes, goals and strategies are being implemented and applied
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 3-5 years solid experience in developing and executing automation scripts to test software and manual software testing
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases
- Knowledge with various types of testing tools and methodologies. HP ALM (QC), HP UFT, Selenium, VBScript, C#, Visual Studio Ultimate
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, detail oriented with the ability to drive tasks to completion and on schedule
- At least Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
What would make us drop everything and pick up the phone to call you?
- You have strong computer science background to write automation scripts
- You have knowledge of distributed systems, network structure and security, testing and automation tools, system analysis, and metrics
- You like to use data to drive decisions
- You are highly motivated to achieve both business and career goals
Our offer includes:
- Competitive salary
- UTC’s Employee Scholar Program
- Private medical care
- Pension plan with life insurance
- In house English lessons
- Participation in sport activities
- Lunch allowance
- The ability to advance within UTC
- Clear career path providing development opportunity
- Friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours