As a truly worldwide organization, EY Global Delivery Services spans all geographies, practices, service lines, sectors and competencies with deeply-integrated services. With 20,000 people working from nine centers in five countries, GDS is online everywhere, helping deliver exceptional client service all the time; providing what you need, where you need it.
EY GDS Poland has been in operation since 2011, supporting 30 countries across 12 services in English and non-English languages. Join one of our innovative and highly skilled teams and gain valuable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reporting Analyst with SQL
Ref no: WRO0014E
The key role of this position is to support financial reporting platforms and analyze financial results, cost analysis and budgets. Analyze transactions to determine root causes, variances and recommend corrections to management. Design and create complex reports to user specifications. The position will ideally have to handle more complex issues and special projects than a financial analyst.
- Generate standard reports (including inventory reports) on a periodic basis and Identify and solve issues that affect reporting
- Handle complex ad hoc reports from clients on a timely manner
- Hands on experience on SQL (queries, views, stored procedures) to do reconciliations of data with different sources.
- Take active part in data validation of revenue planning as well as financial planning process
- Ensure proper review mechanism is in place for the respective teams
- Develop / maintain reports as well as enhance existing reports by working on automating the report preparation as much as possible
- Mentor, guide, train junior analysts and new recruits
- Conduct an in-depth analysis (Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss) . Need to analyze the open items in reconciliation and resolve the same.
- Root cause analysis of issues and ensuring adequate internal control procedures in place
- Performing variance analysis and providing necessary inputs/inferences.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the team and listen/respond to other team members' views.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with the internal and external team.
- Review of work carried out by the Analyst / Associate
- Ensuring that the Reports are completed with high accuracy and in a timely manner
Technical skills requirements:
- Accountancy Qualifications - MBA/ B.Com / M.com / Graduate degree in Computer science
- 3 - 5 Years of experience
Additional skills requirements:
- Have sound understanding of advanced accounting concepts
- SQL knowledge and ability to use SQL to build large data tables and then be able to give guidance to others who are less technical in how to use the table.
- Create TSQL queries and stored procedures as required. Working knowledge on SQL server with prior experience of database maintenance
- Working Knowledge on SAP modules is added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools, experienced user of Excel and Access
- A user or an understanding of some of the reporting and planning tools available in the market
- Have strong inter personal skills with the ability to teach the juniors
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Exposure to reconciliation
- Be flexible to work in shift
What working at EY offers?
- Work in prestigious stable company
- Contract of employment
- Fair salary
- Participating in interesting projects
- Work in a professional, dynamic, truly global team
- Development opportunities in international multilingual environment
- Attractive social package (sport card, medical insurance, life insurance, wellness & spa program, sport events and many others)
- Language courses