Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Accounting and Controlling Lead
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
PURPOSE: The incumbent oversees Operational Excellence of the team and will be primarily responsible for smooth delivery of standard operational activities of R&A financial accounting and reporting tasks for entities in scope. The incumbent has the delegated authority of STM on operational matters and is fully focused on meeting all metrics set up for R&A from org and group perspective; including effective operation of all transactional financial controls.
- Ensure KPIs are reported, analysed and improvement plans are developed if SLA is not met to drive best practice procedures and influence OU practices
- Sets the right priorities regarding multiple work and demands
- Provides inputs on internal and Group projects as required by Senior Manager or R1 focal point
- Act as first point of escalation for process related items within team, resolving or escalating issues timely and effectively
- Ensure delivery of training in the area of expertise and proper execution of hand-over procedure between team membersControls and Compliance
- Maintain and operate a control framework that ensures effective and robust control over all team activities, covering proper segregation of duties
- Ensure audit points/CCIs followed through to timely completion with adequate control framework to prevent re-occurrence and knowledge is shared across team
- Ensure team compliance with all internal governance and procedures as defined, eg. communication schedule, change control process, SGBP, work policies & procedures Change Management and CI:
- Ownership of Operational improvements (CI, ideas) at team level
- Driving MJE related initiatives and reducing MJE count at entity level
- Proper embedding of process and control changes within the team and regular liaison with Process Owner Organization for clarifications
> Regular interface with the team, with delegated operational authority of the Senior Manager> Primary contact point for operational/control matters for onshore finance, R&A Connect, other FO processes and auditors> Regular touch points with R&A process owner organization for clarification/implementation of process/controls changes
- 5 years of experience in various financial/accounting positions
- 2- 3 years experience of formally or informally managing a team
- Economic, accounting or finance university degree/ qualifications
- Oil and gas accounting experience desirable
- Sound process understanding in one of the following processes: AR/AP, GL, FA, SA, TBO
- Good knowledge of accounting controls
- Good working knowledge of Word, Ms Outlook, Excel
- Desired knowledge of SAP
- Team oriented; strong leadership and communication skills
- Can work under pressure an in a rapidly changing environment
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome