- Krakowiaków 50, 02-255 Warszawa, PolskaWarszawa, mazowieckie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 17 dni temu
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
About the assignment
The Accounting Controller is a local finance leader who is the linking pin within the operational model (liaising with all relevant stakeholders: Commercial and ISC navigators, FP&A, RAC, ACD and beyond) to meet the AN and operational goals for retained RTR, Finance and AN as a whole locally. The local accounting controller role has a pivotal role to ensure consistent high quality and timely group / business and statutory reporting for a set of relevant legal entities.
The local accounting controller consists of 6 distinct areas of Responsibility for the region:
- RTR process ownership and managing interactions with other processes and stakeholders.
- Owning legal and reporting entities as will be assigned.
- Accounting Leadership.
- Business partnering for all relevant Accounting activities to relevant stakeholders.
- Specific local accountabilities / responsibilities.
- Ensuring control and compliance as per defined framework.
RTR process ownership (for legal entities):
- Pro-actively monitoring the quality of the balance sheet and statement of income for the respective reporting entities in collaboration with the Business Navigators (Commercial and ISC), FP&A, Functional Controllers on global/regional/local level, RAC, GBS/Infosys etc.
- Being accountable for the periodic month reporting (by local units) to the region.
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS, local and statutory and fiscal requirements for the respective legal entities.
- Driving standardization in the local retained accounting processes and standards within the (retained) finance organization and across AkzoNobel.
- Participating in and sharing knowledge of programs led by the GPDLs to reduce complexity by standardization (in the RACs), reduction of legal entities.
Business partner stakeholder/ Continuous improvement:
- Proactively informing the relevant local stakeholders on the outcome of the balance sheet review and indicate potential risks, processes or interactions to ensure a BS and P&L with the proper level of quality.
- Being responsible for raising IFRS business partnering challenges, liaising with the relevant parties to ensure the best suitable business solution whilst adhering to IFRS.
- Prioritizing and embedding the change in close cooperation with the relevant stakeholders as part of the wider finance improvement plan.
- Initiating and implementing cross departmental improvements within the local finance and bring these to the attention of the Head of Finance Operations and Regional Accounting Controllers for worldwide implementation.
Specific country responsibilities:
- Being responsible for the review, signing and filing of the statutory reporting (statutory reporting, direct tax, indirect tax) of the relevant legal entities.
- Being accountable for the contact with experts (pension, tax, internal and external auditors) to ensure that the RAC obtains the accurate and complete information to produce in a timely manner the correct information for reporting and/or external parties.
- Reviewing the internal control related processes to ensure adherence to specific local legislation.
- Being accountable for driving, monitoring and signing off of on treasury, insurance, pension policies.
- Accounting professional with significant, relevant work experience within a finance function (in particular, in accounting and reporting).
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting (where required, a registered Accountant with valid CPA or similar certification).
- Capable of analyzing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure (from theory to practice and vice versa – strategy to operations) and bringing solutions and suggestions to business teams for finance, accounting and the underlying processes and principles.
- In depth knowledge of financial accounting (accounting processes, IFRS).
- Experience with ERP / HFM (or willing to learn).
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership skills - initiating, driving and implementing change in line with the outline strategy for retained accounting (and the broader finance community) by focusing on delivering goals and at the same time facilitating the process in a manner to encourage others to understand.
- Hands on, proactive, able to work in a fast-paced matrix organization, multitasking, strong requirement to connect with people of various cultures and background.
- People Manager with the ability to build strong teams, lead and inspire others.
- Clear Communicator – proactively and effectively communicating with finance and business leadership.
Perks & Benefits
- Fresh Fruit
- Team Building Events
- Learning Cafeteria (incl. Percipio)
- CSR Initiatives
- Additional Insurance
To apply for this opportunity, please enclose your CV in English.