Staples Solutions B.V. is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe. Through our integrated offering, Staples Solutions is the partner of choice to meet the diverse needs of the workplace of today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate in 16 countries in Europe.
In January 2015 we opened Global Competence Center in Gdansk. The Center consists of teams responsible for driving major IT and User Experience enhancements for whole European organization, with other teams like Supply Chain, Financial Analysis & Master Data Management also establishing their operations in Gdansk.
Accounting Team Manager - AP Lead Germany/Austria
Responsible for managing a local team of accounting associates executing transactional processes for AP, AR and GL and executing these processes as agreed with the corresponding lead for the zone:
- according to the SOP’s defined by the corresponding lead for the zone as per the agreed upon SLA’s and within agreed upon budget.
In coordination with the corresponding (AP, AR or GL) Lead for the zone, and for the teams he/she supervises, Responsible for leading and motivating a team of finance associates including some financial specialists.
In Accounting Team Manager role:
- drives the recruitment and selection process when required.
- manages the ongoing performance and attendance on a daily basis.
- organizes and drives required development, motivation and retention.
In AP Lead role for the Germany/Austria Zone:
- Manage and coordinate all AP transactional activities for the zone (independently on where these activities are executed), to:
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of trade invoices, expense invoices, Travel & Entertainment expense reports and processing of payments to Suppliers.
- Meet SLA's (in terms of productivity and quality) agreed with the business.
- Implement and ensure execution of controls following internal control requirements.
- Drive the process optimisation / harmonisation in close coordination with the European Team.
- Act as point of contact for AP internal customers and stakeholders and provide regular feedback on activity.
On the AP process and in the role of AP Lead, full responsibility on the process and all AP transactional activities.
On the AR and GA process and in the role of Accounting Team manager, local responsibility on the local process with direction from the AR and GA Lead.
General Accounting (GA):
- Supervise cash and cash clearing account reconciliations.
- Supervise document reconciliations according to company specific rules and regulations.
- Country specific knowledge of VAT regulations & accounting rules.
- Support in analysis and adaptation of account reconciliation processes.
- Supervise local GA team.
Accounts Receivable (AR):
- Issuing, checking and sending dunning letters/Collection letters Supervise local AR team.
- Communication with client and related departments.
- Supervising process dunning letters/collection letters.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Academic degree, more than 5 years’ experience in a comparable role.
- Very good accounting skills, analytical skills and accuracy with numbers.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Solid skills and experience in team management.
- Able to speak/write in German and English.
- Required language level: German C1 (Advanced); English B2 (intermediate).
- No 9 to 5 mentality, flexible to work in any shift (European time), positive mind set, loyal.
- Self-motivated, hands-on and team-oriented.
- A proactive approach identifying potential problems and solving issues.
- Ability to stretch, work in a fast moving and competitive environment.
- Ability to challenge the existing and improve the processes.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other Microsoft applications as well as ERP and financial systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus.
- Sports card, private health care and group insurance.
- Partial parking cover.
- Relax room in the office.
- Birthday gifts, Christmas vouchers, and integration events.
- Technical or managerial career path.
- Great location - modern office in Olivia Business Center.
- Ergonomic office equipment, e.g. standing desks.
- Opportunity to join our great football team.
- Flexible working hours and home office, if needed.
- Multinational work environment
- Soft skills courses
- Possibility of business trips around Europe