HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Acting as Investigator TM L2 (Greek)
Ref No: FCC/ITM/GR/01/2018
- Pro-actively gather intelligence from media reports and appropriate websites to identify customers of HSBC involved in crime/ML/terrorism etc. Build on their knowledge of latest Anti Money laundering trends
- Ensure that the process requirements are met, adhered to, completed in accordance with established procedures and standards set.
- Work well independently; complete assigned tasks in the established timeframe as per the process benchmarks.
- Persistently seeks out and interprets information, evidence and gaps and uses their business and specialist knowledge to identify and highlight root causes
- Uses appropriate processes and analytical methods to scrutinize and objectively evaluate data and information in order to investigate and eliminate actual or potential risks or compliance breaches
- Develops knowledge of business activities so as to better understand and clearly articulate the nature of compliance issues and the actual and potential risks associated with them in terms that are meaningful for the business
- Acts as the second line of defence, identify underlying themes, possible systemic risks and potential links beyond their immediate area of focus and emerging risks.
- Leads the development of a compliance monitoring framework to ensure that it can anticipate and quickly respond to the changing regulatory environment while remaining cost effective and proportionate to the level of risk and considering the need for continuing commercial business operation
- Drives the implementation, operation and delivery of Compliance assurance activities that provide proactive, timely monitoring on the current and emerging risk environment to enable HSBC to continues to operate in a compliant manner
- Actively seeks out, shares and encourages the adoption of best practice in Compliance monitoring on a global level
- Champions the development of new tools, techniques and approaches to facilitate improved compliance governance, management and reporting.
- Ensure that the productivity and quality levels are achieved as per the standards sent for the process.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably from a Commerce or Finance background.
- Minimum of 24 months of Banking or Financial Services Experience
- Should have minimum 3 years’ experience in Compliance / AML process
- Professional certification - CAMS certification (desirable)
- Should have cleared the Certificate of Competency TmiL2 (Internal)
- Understands what Financial Crime/ Terrorist Financing is and the cost to society. Awareness of how I as an individual can play a part in prevention of HSBC being used by launderers; by adherence to Group Policy/values/behaviour within line of business and role
- Understands where their role and responsibilities fit in the AML process and control framework
- Requires specialist Anti-Money Laundering training geared towards role and line of business
- Political, Social and Economic knowledge of countries that are major players in the global economy
- Has detailed knowledge and familiarity with AML policies and procedures)
- Understands the nature of the AML risks facing their area of business / operation.
- Leads by example, appreciates importance of their role in providing guidance to others
- Has accurate, detailed and timely understanding of technical and process knowledge for their specific role requirements
- Relevant experience in TM L1 processes.
- Broad experience of how the different financial circumstances of customers are reflected in their account activity and the ability from that experience to recognize when activity is suspicious rather than unusual or in keeping.
- Ability to speak and understand English and Greek fluently (High Voice)
- Understands the need for Customer Due Diligence differentiation of higher risk customers – i.e. ‘Special Categories of Clients’
- If working in a KYC/processing role understands how to use the internet to optimize investigations
- Is able to make judgment calls on risk rating, is able to interpret and apply policy – knows to refer to Global functions for guidance
- Recognizes the criticality of their contribution to the holistic process and able to skilfully relate to those requirements and simply explain
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.