Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe’s leading online retailer for pet food and pet supplies. The sales reached EUR 900 million in the 2016 financial year with 30% annual sales growth. The company’s business model has been launched successfully in 30 European countries. That is all possible due to highly autonomous teams, flat organization structure and constant strive for using cutting-edge technologies.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of 400 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 30 countries who work at 10 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model’s value-added chain.
For our fast-growing business we are looking for an exceptional candidate based in our Polish office in Krakow to fulfill the role as
Agile Delivery Manager Software Engineering (f/m)
What you will be responsible for
- Agile driver & coach of the software delivery process (e.g. based on Scrum, Kanban) for multiple teams
- Provide end-to-end technical delivery (“DevOps”) including perspective for system, process and data for a set of applications by:
- guaranteeing smooth operations to keep the applications up & running 24/7
- continuous implementation of functional enhancements
- regularly tackling & preventing technical dept
- Act as the Servant Leader for a team of 10 to 15 software engineers
- Demonstrate strong customer-orientation with positive & result-driven attitude
What we are looking for
- Bachelor or Master degree in (technical) Science, Math or Informatics
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in IT (at least 3 in leading position)
- Know how in managing an agile software delivery process (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Good people management skills related to e.g. recruiting, personal development, compensation
- Track record in one core IT discipline, e.g. software development, testing or requirements engineering
- Fluent in English, German not required, but would be “a plus"
- Ideally background in e-commerce industry
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Polish office is located at the centre of Kraków and has excellent infrastructure links. Additionally we offer competitive benefits:
- 4 extra days off
- Travel to Germany
- Mobile phone
- Training budget
- Language courses
- Medical care
- Discount in zooplus shop
- Flexible working hours