Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
AML Compliance Senior Specialist - Increased Risk Review
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 35909
As an AML Compliance Senior Analyst, you’ll be part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Team and perform functions related to all BBH Lines of Business: Investor Services, Private Banking and Investment Management. Your knowledge of AML will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven to review actual client activity versus expected client activity, for select high-risk client relationships. To be successful, you’ll need to display a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and attention to detail through your work.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and validate that select clients' actual account activity and use of BBH's products and services are consistent with the clients' stated expected account activity and use of BBH's products and services
- Provide secondary, in-depth analysis of reviews initiated by more junior members of the team
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets to identify patterns, trends, and potential suspicious activity
- Document the results of the review, and ensure that escalation is properly handled and documented
- Ensure that daily work is completed in accordance with defined procedures, while using judgment to ask questions on areas the procedures do not cover
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Sound judgment that is based on all relevant and documented facts and considerations
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced
- Develop an understanding of AML/KYC requirements and implications Identify problem items and escalate to the Supervisor or Manager
- Ability to see through gray areas and assess AML-related risks Assist in drafting and documenting procedures, policies and processes as necessary
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and AML-related news
- University Degree 3+ years of Financial Services or Banking industry experience, with experience in an AML / KYC function preferred
- Ability to liaise across departments/functions as needed for research and analysis
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Good knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with highly-developed skills and experience using Excel
- Fluency in English is mandatory Superior analytical and research/investigative skills
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive self starter who is goal oriented
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others