In Schibsted Tech Polska (STP) we have freedom to do great work and the challenge of using our skills and ambitions to drive the future of the web. We have an inspiring culture which provides room for growth and innovation. We work for Scandinavian market which is very unique and special also ensuring us to have stable jobs in a very supportive environment.
For more information go to www.schibsted.pl
Schibsted Tech Poland is a core R&D center for Schibsted media houses around the world. With two locations in Poland (Gdańsk and Kraków) we are over 170 developers. If you have an unparalleled passion for web technologies, and a reputation of master developer, there is no-one else we would rather hear from but YOU!
We are looking for a driven Android developer with some years of experience to work on the Android app for TV.nu.
Tv.nu is one of Sweden’s most well-known digital brands and has historically been a guide to the traditional way of watching television. In 2015, the company took a new and big step with the ambition to also guide to all the streaming providers. The entire platform was renewed and a new streaming guide was added into the product with content from the biggest streaming providers in Sweden, such as Netflix, HBO Nordic, SVT Play etc. This made tv.nu completely unique on the Swedish market, since there is no other service that gathers all content from both traditional TV and streaming, and now we are continuing our rapid user driven product development. Today tv.nu has 2.1 million unique users per week and is an app first product.
Our android app helps our users to find the best thing to watch, day and night. You will be part of our development team with 12 developers spread over Android, iOS, Frontend and Backend in both Krakow and Stockholm, and the whole team works tightly with our product team to find the best features to roll out to our fantastic users.
- You will work together with your team and write code that is used by millions of users on a weekly basis
- You will integrate features with APIs and other related SDKs
- You will be handling bugs and optimizing app performance
- You will schedule releases and iterate new versions through our test groups
- You will have a big influence on the Android platform and its future shape
- You know about MVP Pattern
- You understand Android design patterns and API design and know the best practices
- You care about quality – you know what it means to ship high quality code and you also know how to write tests
- You have knowledge about Espresso testing, unit testing, Git-flow with pull requests and dependency injections
- You have experience with third-party-libraries that we use – such as Retrofit, Glide, Dagger2, RxJava, Retrolambda or EventBus
- You have published apps on the Google Play Store
- You have good English – written and spoken
- You have an agile and user first mind set, you are social and have positive thinking with “can do” attitude
- Have experience of working with Ad serving platforms and performance optimizations
- Have developed some private projects in the past
- Like TV, Movies, Series and is a true grinder on Netflix, Amazon prime etc.
- Are a fan of Rocket League, Fortnite, CS:Go, PUBG and likes to socialise after work in the office
- Social benefits (multisport card, life insurance, medical health care and other)
- Mobile phone on a subsidised monthly contract
- In-house English lessons
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work remotely from time to time
- Ergonomic workstations
- Trips to Sweden
- Conferences and seminars run as part of individual training budgets
- Yearly bonus depending on performance
- Option of Employee Share Saving Plan
- Relocation package
- 4 additional vacation days
- 2 additional weeks of paternal leave
- Tax deductible expenses