We are looking for:
AP Accountant with Spanish
At Global Business Services
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Perks & Benefits
- Educational sponsorship
- Laptops Monitors
- Home office if applicable for a role
- Medical package
- Modern and colorful office
- Integration events
- Career mobility
- Colourful culture
Responsible for executing a specific area of expertise in the I2P process ensuring that that specific area is delivering the maximum contribution to the overall I2P departmental targets which is delivering high performance in On time payment, efficient process execution, smoothing operations.
Key objectives of the job are:
- Member of the Invoice to Pay team with focus on offering a stable performance with the less effort.
- Support the initiatives that will deliver higher performance and less effort in the process.
- Achieve specific targets and goals based on the I2P Vision and Strategy.
- Closely monitor process performance related KPIs and metrics to identify potential opportunities for improvements.
- Take ownership on opportunities identified from the KPIs and metrics to deliver the improvement (eg. Take actions to increase PO compliance, on time payment etc).
- Link with internal and external stakeholders to realize the opportunities identified.
- Operationally perform specific purchase to pay activities (eg. Review of payment proposals).
- Provide guidance to the transactional team for complicated cases.
- Closely monitor the systems used in the process to maintain appropriate governance.
- Support the transactional team in escalations.
- Monitor on a daily basis the process performance (eg. Invoice pipeline, timely payments).
- Take appropriate initiatives in line with the vision and strategy of P2P for improving the process performance (eg. Contact suppliers/business to elaborate on their performance).
- Communicate to internal/external stakeholders about change in the area of P2P (eg. Prepare documentation, prepare training, provide knowledge transfer etc).
- Focus on increasing the efficiency of the process (eg. Introduce automation with suppliers – EDI etc).
- Provide General Ledger Account Coding when necessary and follow up for approver input independently or in coordination with the BPO.
- Review all vendor payments in accordance with AkzoNobel payment policies. Initiate requests for manual or urgent payments in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in the management of the end-to-end (E2E) transactional process delivery (P2P) in line with defined quality and cost levels as set forth in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Monitor continuously and update the systems used (SAP VIM, SAP IHB, etc) in relation to approval matrixes etc so as to maintain high efficient and effectiveness in the use of those (in accordance to functions impacted and BAP).
- Confirm master data details (eg. Approve financial data of suppliers).
- Support transactional team with complicated incidents in the process (eg. Complicated accounting postings).
- Support operationally on reviews (or approvals required) in order to deliver the process outputs (eg. VAC, GRiR, Suspense accounts).
- Support RtR/OtC in executing specific processes where collaboration is required (eg. Activities of MEC).
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent.
- Financial and business analytical skills with the ability to analyze data for business decisions in timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a remote environment from a global level whilst continuously retaining ‘an eye’ for the details.
- Knowledge of SAP, with preference to SAP Vendor Invoice Management and SAP Finance.
- Knowledge of e-procurement suites (SAP SRM, SAP Ariba) will be a plus.
- Very good communication in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel).