If you want to understand how business operates globally, Citi Service Center is a perfect place for you.
Citi Service Center Poland was launched in 2005 as a part of an initiative to establish a network of service centers providing shared services to other entities operating within the Citigroup around the world. We do not provide banking services to retail or corporate Clients, we deal with the processes of Citigroup branches from other countries. Currently we provide services to over 90 countries on 6 continents creating a unique opportunity to work in an international environment.
Our approach to development is simple - we offer limitless opportunities and provide tools our employees can use at a time they deem suitable. We absolutely promote the proactive attitude and responsibility for shaping one’s own career. Here everyone carves out their own path. Thanks to Career Mobility, each employee of the organization may apply for any position within Citi worldwide.
API Technical Consultant
The Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) EMEA Product Implementation Team are responsible for coordinating the delivery of global, regional and local Treasury, Cash Management, Supply Chain Finance and Commercial Card solutions to Citi’s corporate, FI and public sector clients.
The role of API Technical Consultant / Client Integration Manager sits within our Technical Integration Group, reporting to the Poland Head of Technical Integration. In the role you will be working directly with our top-tier external clients from project kick-off to go-live, helping them to integrate with Citi's sytems via API (CitiConnect API) as well as other more classic file based integration technologies (CitiConnect for Files, CitiDirect BE, CitiConnect for SWIFT).
The main objective of the role is to deliver client solutions on time and to spec, whilst providing an exceptional client experience through excellent communication, superior product knowledge and the ability to see things from our customer’s perspective.
We work in a multi-client, multi-project organisation, so you will be expected to handle a varied workload and prioritize effectively.
Key functions of the role will include:
- Day to day management of a portfolio of API and file based integration client projects.
- Ensuring that all projects are governed to meet our audit criteria.
- Build great external client relationships, and internal partnerships with supporting parts of the organisation to deliver a great experience to our clients.
- Contribute and participate in product and process enhancment activities to ensure we continue to strive forwards in terms of quality and efficiency in everything we do.
The below list gives an insight in to the key responsibilities expected of a API Technical Consultant / Client Integration Manager on a typical client project:
- Provide pre-project support to the Sales Team as a subject matter expert on APIs and other file based transfers to help with solutioning as required.
- Help run a formal kick off meeting or workshop with the client to formally review and document the requirements and solutions to be implemented as part of the project scope. In particular focusing on Citi’s connectivity and security requirements, API developer portal demo, input in to any development considerations / best practices (clients use a range of programming languages: Java, .NET, C#, etc), our testing process and any other technical parts of the solution.
- Manage the internal setup process and teams responsible for connectivity & security, engaging the correct resources via the correct tools, remaining the single face to the external client.
- Providing guidance to the external client as required during their development efforts, being able to comfortably liaise with the client in both business and technical language as appropriate. Engaging an internal network of knowledge and experience as required to get accurate and timely feedback to your client while again remaining the single face to the client.
- Manage and track against a formal testing program that will cover the scope of work in the most efficient manner: connectivity, file format, file content, etc. Managing the internal test resources to get accurate and timely feedback during the testing phase while remaining the single face to the client.
- Manage the formal change processes to promote the solution to production, obtaining and documenting the relevant sign offs and ensuring it is scheduled in line with the clients expectations.
- Manage initial production support for production testing and hypercare period. Monitoring and engaging the relevant internal production support teams as required to ascertain the root cause of any issues in a timely manner.
- Help manage a formal project closure process, feeding back on lessons learned, and formally handing on-going production support to the Citi Service team.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience working as a consultant and delivering technical solutions for external clients.
- API Experience (JSON, etc)
- Developer Experience (Java, .NET, C#) would be valuable.
- XML Knoweldge
- Treasuy / Financial / Cash Management Knowledge.
- Developer Consultant Skills - no specifc development required in the role, however will be facing off to developers on the client side - so an insight would be beneficial.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Ability to use Excel for turning data in to meaningful information and graphical representations. Ability to use PowerPoint to create slideshows that clearly articulate messages and data representation for the desired audience. Ability to use Outlook to organize self and team.
- Experience utilizing modern collaboration tools like virtual meeting spaces, video conferences, etc.
- Communication – ability to select the appropriate communication method for different scenarios, and be comfortable communicating to various levels of seniority internally and externally. Although based in Poland, this is a regional (Europe, Middle East and Africa) role so must have a very good level of english communication skills, additional langauges are a benefit.
- Time management – ability to effectively prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter – ability to take on things with little to no background, acting as an owner, and learning quickly.
- Common sense – ability to step back and analyse a situation with a pragmatic, methodical approach.
- Risk management – ability to foresee risks and issues so they can be raised and managed effectively
- Fast learner – ability to pick up things quickly and be confident to run with them. Must have a technical aptitude
- This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to become familiar with Citi's TTS Products, and all supporting teams from Sales, Product, Operations and Technology - helping build a great network of contacts on a global scale.
- The Technical Integration space is becoming a more and more prevalent area with a lot of focus from senior management. There will be opportunities to showcase yourself to seniors.