What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success.
We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service.
You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
Application Development Analyst (Witron CPMS)
International Paper’s Application Services (AS) – Packaging Systems EMEA organization is charged with sustaining, designing, building and implementing an ERP solution based on the Witron CPMS technology platform.
The Packaging Systems Application Development Analyst (ADA) will assist with the design, development and delivery of ERP technology solutions for the EMEA Packaging Business. They will also drive the technical analysis, daily monitoring, reporting and decision support needs of the Witron CPMS technology.
This position will interact with end users, BIMs, PIMs, ITSS and enterprise wide technical resources to drive the creation of technical designs from business requirements. The ADA will then configure environments, build and test code to meet the business needs.
The ADA must have a high degree of technical knowledge and should be capable of deploying Witron ERP tools and modules in a complex environment. The ADA must be versed in the “language” of the business and understand how information flows through business processes, its inter-relationships, and how it should be organized and stored for effective user consumption. The ADA must have experience and knowledge of ERP application architecture and supporting technologies as well as the ability to work among a team of developers taking tasks to successful completion.
- Drive the development of technical specifications, work estimates and project schedules to meet defined business requirements.
- Interact with business partners, consultants, developers and end users to review, interpret business and functional requirements as directed.
- Perform tasks as needed to achieve on-target development, testing, go-live and sustain activities per published plans. Also participate in activities of other ITSS groups as directed.
- Be accountable in deploying development and upgrade projects for optimal ERP technology performance and reliability as planned. Provide expertise to enterprise efforts that impact Witron technology, such as Archiving, Business Continuity, etc. Maintain awareness of best practices employed by other companies using similar ERP technologies and modules.
- Be responsible for aiding in technical product recommendations and roadmap implementations for the Packaging environment and IP information architecture enabled by Witron and associated technology. Have (and maintain) expertise in current and future Packaging technology based tools and products. Interact with Enterprise Architecture on product road mapping.
- Be a Witron and ERP technical knowledge expert within the company and a source of information for others.
- 5+ years of documented IT experience including experience in:
- Transact SQL
- C#.NET or ASP.NET
- Crystal Reports (or similar report writer)
- Experience with Source Control (TFS, VSS) and Change Management
- Application interface and web application development
- Functional knowledge of SAP would be a plus
- Strong customer focus and ability to understand business processes and information needs.
- Effective communications, organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Collaborative manner, with the ability to work closely with team members and IT leadership.
- Strong self-management skills.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French, Spanish or Italian would be a plus
- Availability to travel –16 weeks of training in Germany & the US.
- Availability to travel - up to 25% in the first 2 years.