X-Rite is the global leader in color science and technology. The Company, which includes color industry leader Pantone, Inc., develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative color solutions through measurement systems, software, color standards and services. Please refer www.xrite.com and www.pantone.com for more information about our company. X-Rite’s expertise in inspiring, selecting, measuring, formulating, communicating and matching color helps users get color right the first time and every time, which translates to better quality and reduced costs. X-Rite serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental and medical.
X-Rite is about to extend its footprint in the Eastern Europe.
To achieve the ambitious goals, we are looking for a talented Engineer (BSc, MSc) motivated to contribute to our innovation and business in the above mentioned markets.
Application Engineer for Color Applications - home office
Essential Job Functions
- Provide product and workflow training to customers, sales representatives, and dealers for X-Rite instruments and software systems. This training may be done live at X-Rite, or on-site at customer location. In some cases this training will be delivered via the web using WebEx or an equivalent utility.
- Provide support to customers in person, via phone, e-mail, or other means as technology permits. This support is to assist them in trouble-shooting product and/or work-flow related problems.
- Provide internal technical product support, including product training, and pre-sales technical support.
- Must have a passion to utilize “soft skills” to deliver the above support and training in a professional manner at all times when dealing with customers both internal and external.
- Capture relevant incident information in our Customer Relation Management (CRM) software tool for every customer contact.
- Assist the product development process by:
- Recording information regarding current products into our CRM as you help existing customers
- Providing information regarding needs in the marketplace
- Providing information regarding workflows and the interfacing of our products with said workflows
- Assist the product managers with product testing that simulates customer use
- Assist the product managers by helping to conduct real life beta test programs
- Development of support documentation prior to product launch, and throughout the product life
- Prepare/translate technical documentations on products and applications in the form of FAQs on the support section of the X-Rite website or as white papers when required.
- Assist in trade shows by setting up equipment prior to shipping to the trade show, in some cases attending the show to provide technical support and to help the sales group with demonstrations.
- Engineer with Bachelor-, ideally Master degree, with a major in color related profession (graphic arts, paints, plastics, textiles, etc.)
- Ideally 2-5 years experience in a similar position within a color related industrial market segment (paints, plastics, automotive, textiles, etc.)
- Ideal candidate will have as well education or experience in IT infrastructure such as networking, database server setups and maintenance, server operating systems maintenance.
- Deep understanding of latest IT network and database infrastructure
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills for frequent internal and external customer contact
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Polish is required, Czech or Slovak is an advantage.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexible to travel internationally (50 %)
Work Location: home office in Poland or Czech Republic or Vyskov, Czech Republic
We offer you the opportunity to work in a small, interdisciplinary team on challenging and interesting topics, to improve your competencies and to intensify your know-how while making a significant contribution to the future of color measurement technology. Our company, the global leader in the color measurement industry offers attractive employment conditions as well as an environment that includes change, complexity and an international atmosphere.