With 50 000 employees in more than 120 countries, Aon is a global provider of HR, Financial, IT and Risk Management services. That means we help companies to recruit and motivate their employees, to manage their HR and financial data, and to reduce the risks they face. In Poland we have been operating from 1992, employing today over 1000 colleagues. Our main offices are in Warsaw and Krakow.
And how is it to work with us? Our colleagues tell us a consistent message: Aon has a supportive and friendly workplace culture.
And that’s how it really is! We’re flexible, multinational and dynamic company. No formal dress code, no blame culture, no unethical behaviours. We value honesty, authenticity and can-do attitude. We work hard but we know how to have fun as well.
Application Support Analyst
The Retirement & Investment business utilises a range of specific business applications and tools to serve our outsourcing and consulting clients as effectively as possible. The role of the Application Support Analyst is to provide support for these applications through end user issue resolution, proactive maintenance, and the initiation and design of enhancements/improvements. The role will involve being an established technical expert in one or more applications, defining effective support models, and training/mentoring others.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Risk Management Framework, and compliance with Aon policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Ensure adherence to necessary procedures.
- Fulfil service requests (e.g. application access, production releases) to required quality and within defined SLAs.
- Take ownership of complex technology support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Conduct reviews and escalate issues when expertise has been exhausted.
- Translate technical incident details into customer focused communications.
- Perform installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance tasks to ensure stability of firm wide infrastructure.
- Perform work requiring research and analysis to establish the root cause of issues or identify potential enhancements.
- Consult with end users to find technical solutions to business problems.
- Work proactively with third level groups such as infrastructure (e.g. server, network) teams and external application vendors.
- Provide support to colleagues and other teams to solve problems with technology.
- Study and analyse system requirements, train colleagues, and provide QA review.
- Prepare documentation to aid the resolution of future issues and training of colleagues.
- Define test plans and coordinate the implementation of application upgrades and infrastructure changes (often outside of core business hours).
- Initiate and drive forward internal process improvement initiatives to ensure a high quality and cost effective service for the business.
- Provide technical input on projects to implement new technologies for integration with existing applications
- At least 5 years IT Support experience
- Good troubleshooting skills and ability to investigate previously unseen issues logically and methodically from first principle
- Good communication skills for dealing with end users (with a limited understanding of technology) through to senior IT professionals and external providers
- Experience of Incident Management and Change Management processes
- Experience of product ownership and decision making on significant system/process changes
- Oracle or SQL Server RDBMS
- Oracle Fusion/Weblogic
- Java Runtime Environment
- Windows Server Basics
- Unix Operating System Basics
- Microsoft Office
- Spotless record and strong ethos
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues