De Gruyter Open (www.degruyteropen.com) is a leading publisher of scientific journals, part of the de Gruyter publishing group (www.degruyter.com). We are looking for candidates for the position
Assistant Editor - remote work
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- An academic degree
- Prior professional experience in academic publishing is not required, but would be an asset (knowledge of ScholarOne, Editorial Manager etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, particularly with regard to meeting deadlines, structuring workflow processes and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent project management skills
- Professional computer skills (standard office software)
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential; working knowledge of German is advantageous
- A personal computer is required
- Location in Poland is not relevant
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
- Tracking manuscripts within each journal’s standardized workflow, including deadline monitoring and supporting authors and editors in using online submission system
- Editorial office support for general publication activities, especially author assistance, correspondence and general queries
- Coordination of mailings to potential authors and society members
- Updating and maintaining the journal web pages
- Workflow management and implementation
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work in a dynamic team and exciting publishing projects
- The opportunity to acquire experience in modern and professional scientific publishing
- The opportunity to establish connections with the most recognized experts in the field
- Your name added to the list of editors on our website
- References and recommendation letters
Assistant Editors work from home using their own computers and internet connection.
If interested, please send your CV with photo and cover letter (both documents in English - mandatory condition).
Please be advised that we will contact selected candidates. Interviews will be held by SKYPE.
Please indicate consent to the processing of personal data.