SC Johnson has an opportunity for Site SHE Manager - based in Gorzów Wielkopolski, Poland.
The internal title is Associate Manager – SHE - Gorzow, Poland
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
This role is responsible for the safety, environmental and IH including regulatory review, permitting, reporting, monitoring, compliance assistance and auditing.
You will lead in conjunction with plant management, a visible safety culture, safe and healthy working conditions, environmental excellence and sustainability objectives are achieved and maintained.
As a result, there is a continued reduction and prevention of incidents meeting future targets, a sustainable SHE system, and continued improvement in corporate/Regional SHE metrics including zero losses.
Associate Manager – SHE
Miejsce pracy: Gorzów Wielkopolski
The key accountabilities and activities will include:
- Reduce TIR following Corporate agreed glide path in each of the plants
- Lead or co-lead implementation of a Behavioral Observation System program and other culture change initiatives.
- Provide SHE expertise to evaluate and support all contract manufacturers and co-branding licensees required per agreement or contract
- Work with GPS (global product supply) and Hub leads to ensure implementation of SHE Management System is suitable, adequate and effective to promote continuous improvement in SHE performance. Achieve and maintain SHE program external certifications in alignment with site/region objectives
- Develop and manage SHE labor, expense and professional services budgets, including training programs to promote staff professional development
- Obtain and comply with all facility required environmental permits. Lead / coordinate negotiations with regulatory agencies on permit conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and country SHE regulations
- Review proposed SHE regulations and provide advance notification of pending changes to facilitate planning by affected operations. Support Global Public Affairs and Communications initiatives to revise proposed regulations if / as needed. Monitor other trends (e,g, NGO initiatives) that could affect company operations.
- Perform PMP reviews for each direct report.
- Align with Site Director/Manager and Regional SHE Manager on priorities, objectives, strategies and KPIs and cascade them into your direct report PMP.
- Provide SHE expertise in response to GIA (Global Internal Audit function) and other external audits and inspections
- Be a member of the Regional Hub Manufacturing Steering Committee, providing proactive input and adding value with regards to SHE
- Manages 2 people who sit under SHE and Waste
Required Skills and Education:
- Global network experience – Proved experience working across the manufacturing network desirable intercultural outside one single region
- Seveso and Greenfield projects experience are a must
- Lean Knowledge – Owns mastery of the lean principles and the SCJ transformation approach across Operating System, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities
- Leadership and management – Possess strong leadership, people skills and communication abilities
- Influencing – Can effectively garner support from others, negotiate persuasively and create win/win outcomes
- Technical – Has solid Project Management skills, deep knowledge of TPM and mastery of the Training and Development process
- Education – BS or MS in Engineering, Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene (Preferred)
- SHE Experience - 2 or more years of leading similar SHE organizations preferable with years of experience in Manufacturing, Production or similar function managing people on the shop floor.
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred) – Has a track record of success at the front-line management level.