- WrocławWrocław, dolnośląskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Rekrutacja zdalna
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
At Smith+Nephew, global medical technology company, we design and make technology that takes the limits off living, and we help healthcare professionals achieve the same goal. Together we improve life, while also improving performance. This formed the basis for our purpose, #LifeUnlimited, and our culture pillars of Care, Collaboration and Courage.
Care means that we show empathy and understanding for each other, our customers and patients.
Collaboration means we work together as a team, based on mutual trust and respect.
Courage is about continuous learning, innovation and accountability.
Currrently we are looking for someone to join our Wrocław’s centre on position of:
We are currently looking to expand our Global Cloud Services team by adding a highly skilled and experienced Cloud Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an expanding and highly skilled team in our Wroclaw Poland office. In this position, you will be challenged technically across multiple disciplines and have an opportunity to grow your cloud skills and experience.
The position of Azure Cloud Engineer with Smith and Nephew will be part of the Global Hybrid Azure Cloud team and report directly to the Global Azure Cloud Manager. You will be responsible, first and foremost for the day to day operations of the SNI cloud and work queue. This position however is not all operations there are improvement projects within the team that would be assigned to this roll ranging from investigating a new technology to improving our cloud efficiency. Lastly, there are new applications as well as SNI products being developed to leverage cloud technology and you will be assigned to assist with these efforts as they are commissioned.
- Cloud operations and engineering
- Provide cloud engineering services consistent with SNI architecture models
- Provide an escalation point for the outsources off short cloud operations team
- Oversee and spot check daily operational activity of the outsourced cloud operations team
- Assist cloud and application delivery managers with application migrations from data centre to cloud hosting
- Develop and document SOPs for tasks assigned to the outsourced cloud operations team
- Perform design review to assure efficient cloud service utilisation
- Provide / produce cloud performance reporting
- Supporting Cloud migration project as well as Cloud migration teams with area of provisioning infrastructure and being Subject Matter Expert in problematic cases.
- Developing operational capabilities to support non-cloud native workloads that need to be managed with a data centre like model e.g. backups, patching.
- Provide cloud engineering expertise for cloud improvement or expansion projects
- Deploy new services within the cloud
- Delivering cloud solution and services as code - cloud automation
- As assigned working on application or commercial product development projects
- Support planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- SNI Business and Customer focused
- Solid communications skills to include use of the English language
- A strong sense of ownership and transparent acceptance of responsibility
- A positive team player who can work collaboratively across the company and time zones
- A wide infrastructure and network skillset and deep hybrid cloud knowledge
- Able to work in a very result orientated business with multiple concurrent projects and quick times to delivery
- A desire to always 'make it better’
- Flexibility to support a true global 24x7 organization
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or Business or a related field or directly related compensatory career experience
- 5+ years in the IT specifically in the Cloud Infrastructure and Network discipline
- 2 to 4+ years direct hands on cloud experience specifically with Azure. AWS is a plus
- 4+ years working in large scale global business environments
- 1 to 3+ years in developing and maintaining ARM scripts/Terraform
- Experience in database administration and support (MS SQL) is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Learning on the fly
- Customer focus
Systems and Technology experience:
- Advanced knowledge of: Azure Cloud Service Providers, AWS will be plus
- Strong knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration
- Expertise in orchestrating infrastructure & applications (CI/CD) and configuration tools in Azure Cloud.
- Advanced knowledge around ARMscripts and Terraform - develop, deploy, trouble shoot
- Strong knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS from Azure, AWS will be plus
- Strong knowledge of server migration strategies and execution best practices
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration (Microsoft)
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management operating models for infrastructure (ITIL)
Certifications - Some level of certification but not all certification is required:
- Azure Administrator
- Azure Dev/Ops Engineer
- AWS Sys Ops Engineer
- AWS Dev/Ops Engineer
- Microsoft certifications like MCSA 2016 or newer is a strong plus
- ITIL foundational certification a strong plus
During COVID-19 full remote working is available but when we can return to normal the work location will be Wrocław Poland with some level of work from home available
- Private health care | multisport card | life insurance
- Subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
- Annual bonus | sharesave plan | going extra miles program
- Subsidized meals and fruits | integration parties
- Possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours
- possibilities to grow within company
- Caring, collaborative and courageous business environment
- Relaxation zones in the modern workplace