private medical care
BA Financial Controller
Lundbeck Group Business Services
- Aleja Generała Tadeusza Bora-Komorowskiego 25c, Prądnik Czerwony, KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- offer expired 2 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
- remote recruitment
- запрошуємо працівників з України
Lundbeck Group Business Services
Aleja Generała Tadeusza Bora-Komorowskiego 25c
We are looking for a focused, passionate and responsible person who is willing to share knowledge and experience in finance and accounting. If this sounds like a great challenge for you, why don’t you join the Lundbeck community consisting of more than 5,600 employees in more than 50 countries, all driven by an inspiring purpose of restoring brain health?
Why be part of our journey?
The main purpose of the role is to assure the delivery of all accounting, controlling, compliance, financial and tax reporting processes in scope. Business Area Financial Controller, A2R is a pivotal role in ensuring appropriate quality and stimulating cooperation across teams, processes, systems and functions. The role concentrates approximately 70% of time on delivering of accounting, financial and tax reporting activities and 30% on financial controlling.
Meet the team
As our BA Financial Controller, A2R, you will be part of Accounting and Reporting team who consists of around 15 people. A2R team is part of A2R department that is responsible for accounting and group, statutory and tax reporting processes delivered to over 50 entities around the world.
Why is this role important to us?
• Being responsible for all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring quality and compliance with appropriate GAAP standards (IFRS & local GAAP) and regulatory requirements in assigned Business Area which consists of few counties
• Managing daily tasks of the team assigned, deciding and initiating relevant operational actions, while consulting tactical and strategic decisions with the Finance Team Manager, A2R
• Acting as an internal expert for respective GBS Teams (e.g. AR, S2P)
• Acting as a key contact and main business partner to Finance Directors, HQ and other stakeholders in own LoB
• Supporting Finance Director in budgeting and forecasting process, performing ad-hoc analysis for decision making
• Being responsible for executing internal controls for assigned Business Area, reporting incompliance and risks to the Finance Team Manager, A2R
• Supporting the Finance Team Manager, A2R in terms of knowledge management, best practices and competencies development (incl. development plans for the team)
• Supporting resource and productivity analysis (incl. recruitment)
• Excelling the process in scope together with the Team Manager to develop effective ways of working and optimal processes
• Being responsible for selected internal key performance indicators for Business Area like timeliness and quality
• Coordinating and leading projects/improvement initiatives/migrations, etc.
Minimum 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
Sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards and Taxation
University degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
Accounting qualification preferred (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
Experience with preparing financial statements under IFRS and local standards
Experience in financial controlling and business partnering preferred
Experience in tax accounting and reporting
Experience in audit considered an asset
Knowledge of SAP, BW/BI (e.g. AfO), MS Office
English at C1 (another European language is welcome)
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Mature attitude towards challenges and problem solving - being able to work with limited guidance and able to determine information needed to resolve more complex issues, manage pressure effectively and cope well with setbacks
Being able to work to tight deadlines and with switching priorities
Proactive and creative in terms of improving ways of working
Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for data interpretation versus simple reporting
Experience in effectively communicating key data
Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
Taking ownership of assigned responsibilities
Showing leadership skills
What we offer
Lundbeck offers an energizing workplace built on a flat structure and open culture that will allow you to have a visible impact on how things are done. We encourage a collaborative working environment while offering numerous development opportunities for our employees (including training, talent programs, and international assignments). We balance interesting, challenging, and rewarding work with many initiatives and programs focused on well-being, especially in the area of mental health. Your dedication is crucial - that is why you can expect us to be committed to your progress, so you can stay committed to our purpose.
If you are looking for meaningful work and inspiring purpose in your professional life – Lundbeck GBS Krakow is the place for you. Develop your career and be your best!
Highlights of selected benefits:
• Flexible working arrangements and top-notch equipment
• Private healthcare and life insurance
• Employee capital plans (retirement saving system)
• Unique recognition system with attractive rewards
• Cafeteria program
• Holiday bonus for when you’re out of the office
• Comfortable and modern office with well-equipped relax rooms
• Robust integration and event framework
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
flexible working time
retirement pension plan
extra social benefits
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
development and career growth programs
About our recruitment process
If you are interested in this job offer, we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible via the Apply button. Please note that we will contact selected candidates who will meet our selection criteria.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates are very important to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our recruitment process is carried out all remotely. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use our digital tools in your recruitment journey. If so, one of our colleagues will provide detailed information on how to leverage those. At the same time, please be aware that all correspondence related to employment will come from an authorized @lundbeck.com email address.
Lundbeck Group Business Services
Lundbeck Group Business Services Krakow (GBS Krakow) is a strategic part of Lundbeck, a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
In Krakow, we contribute to this mission by delivering best-in-class operations and advice to the Lundbeck Group in the areas of Finance Operations, Finance Compliance & Reporting, Procurement, IT & Business Process and System Support, People Services, Legal, Compliance & Sustainability; Process Efficiency as well as People Analytics, Process Excellence, Project Management, and others