The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
BI Consultant with Big Data experience
Due to dynamic growth Volvo Group IT in Wroclaw is expanding the Business Intelligence group. Currently our BI group in Poland consists of approx. 80 individuals working on variety of global projects for Volvo Group using multiple technologies and tools. It is multicultural group, well integrated and collaborating across teams. There are multiple profiles collaborating with each other: BI Application Developers (front and back-end), Business Analysts and IT Architects.
We are now looking for candidates for the position of BI Consultant with Big Data experience. The chosen person will work Data Lake project. The project aims to introduce flexible, technical platform for information management and advanced data analytics.
- Review, improve and enhance methods and tools in the BI area
- Work on Proof of Concepts, studies and various initiatives/projects around Data Lake conpect
- Develop according to the business requirements received from the Business Analyst
- Test the components created, log the results using appropriate support and correct the issues raised during User Acceptance Test phases
- Prepare the promotions to the different environments and ensure stabilization phase after release of developments
- Provide coaching, consultancy and trainings
- Minimum 5 years of experience as BI consultant
- Strong experience working with industry-standard data warehouse and visualization tools (e.g. IBM Netezza, Microsoft BI, SAP Business Objects, Informatica)
- Practical experience of modeling: e.g. business modeling, process modeling, data modeling knowledge in Domain Driven Design
- Expertise in newer concepts like Apache Spark, Scala, Hive programming
- Practical knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Hadoop Common
- Knowledge of HDInsight (Azure Hadoop concept) will be a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with internal and external partners
- Very good communication skills, flexibility, independence and commitment
- Practical knowledge of agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Ability to communicate in English on a daily basis
- Interesting challenges in dynamic and continuously developing global IT organization
- Opportunity to work with latest technologies in automotive industry and multiple business areas
- Clear and attractive career path in international team
- Development of technical, soft and language skills
- Interesting and responsible tasks with the usage of leading BI tools and solutions
- Great work culture based on professionalism, respect and team work
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
- Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
Reference Number: 81338BR
Work Place: Wrocław