"Transform your expertise into valuable solutions with Damco Freight Forwarding". Damco is at the forefront of offering competitive, honest and reliable freight forwarding solutions. At all times we remain close to the beating heart of our customers no matter how big or small they are. With over 2,000+ people in over 40+ countries, we operate as a family network and are known for uncomplicating the complicated to provide effective and valuable solutions for our customers.
For more information: https://www.damco.com
Business Development Manager
Miejsce pracy: Gdynia
The Business Development Manager (BDM) has accountabilities in 3 main areas, namely Existing Customer Development, New Customer Development, and execution of clear blueprint ‘ways of working’…
1. Existing Customer development
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘Through The Till’ GP for the assigned Existing Customer portfolio, through the sale of Damco standard products and focus on selected trade lanes, and effective Book of Business management.
- Accountable for supporting the resolution of Operational customer issues, including interventions with customers to resolve escalated issues, DSO resolutions and also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and renegotiations thereafter, where necessary)
- Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all customers within their portfolio comply with blueprint guidelines, are comprehensive documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant Damco and external parties. The standard is the standard
2. New Business Generation (should be possible to combine 1+2
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘through the till’ GP with a clear focus on our standard products and predefined trade lanes.
- Accountable for the pursuit of identified potential customers, through adoption the commercial blueprint ‘ways of working, thus creating a differentiating customer experience.
- Accountable for the “UpSelling” process within the geographic territory, whereby ‘Non Controlled’ shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued across the network
3. ‘Ways of Working’
- Accountable for ensuring our processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception. The standard is the standard.
- Accountable for ensuring that the PSA CRM Open sales pipeline is sufficiently robust to ensure delivery of required Actual ‘Through The Till’ GP targets, whilst simultaneously ensuring an adequately strong platform for delivering result performance in the coming financial result period.
- Accountable for ensuring that periodically introduced sales campaigns to drive focused development of the customer portfolio is execute within your geographical scope.
- 2 years + in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry
- A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions and terminology, in the local market
- Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts.
- Proven track record in a matrix, multi-cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
- Developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiation skills
- Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
- Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
- Self-Motivated and performance driven
- Fluency in Polish language and good English laguage skills are critical
An exciting role with the world’s most efficient Freight Forwarder, part of a dynamic and international organisation with the possibility to continuously apply and develop your competencies.
You will get international exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with high level stake-holders and cross functional teams across the globe.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.