Business Development Manager / Insurance market
Acturis was founded in 2000 and provides a market leading, Cloud based application service for insurance industry in the United Kingdom. Our company is led by David McDonald and Theo Duchen – two former McKinsey partners - and employs 250 colleagues in Central London, over 80 in Wroclaw and another 300 in other European countries. We are a young and motivated team who welcomes challenge and innovation.
Acturis has won numerous industry awards including Queen's Award for Enterprise in Innovation in 2012 and the UK Tech Growth Company of the Year 2016. The awards recognise Acturis' design and implementation of cloud computing based software that has revolutionised the commercial insurance market in the UK. For further information visit www.acturis.com
Acturis Poland and our Wroclaw Software Centre deliver valuable output to support our development of the platform and our work with Insurers and Brokers in the UK and in Europe. We are an attractive option for IT professionals in Wrocław providing stimulating work within the context of successful business with a long term perspective.
The opportunity is to help build a new business from scratch in Poland by helping to adapting the Acturis system for use in the Polish Insurance Broker and Agent Market and driving the takeup of that system through business development.
At Acturis in this role you will:
- Work in a blue chip entrepreneurial company which has built a successful Cloud based application service business and is growing at over 20% per annum
- Take on a unique challenge to build a new business from scratch with the resources of a market leading company
- Become a valuable member of a new but strong and growing company in Poland based in Wroclaw
- Combine entrepreneurship, innovation and technology to create a new business from scratch
- Join a like-minded energetic, ambitious and talented team
- Apply problem solving skills to business and technology problems
- Be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits
Acturis is continuously expanding geographically beyond the U.K.. For example we have established a major presence in Germany where we are now the leading software vendor in the German Broker market. We see the expansion of the Acturis platform to serve brokers and agents in the insurance market in Poland as an exciting opportunity for further expansion. In addition to our existing software centre in Wroclaw, we intend to build a sales and business development team aimed at starting the business from scratch in Poland.
As a Business Development Manager your role will include the following:
- Build the position of Acturis as a credible vendor to serve brokers and agents in the insurance market in Poland.
- Create and lead the Business Development processes for sales and new business activities in Poland – in the first place this will be an individual role. We are happy to build a team following a successful start.
- Insurance market research and analysis including:
- Meet insurers and assessing their ability to integrate to Acturis by product class.
- Meet brokers and agents/multi agents to assess their requirements, existing software usage and whether they would be interested in using Acturis as their system.
- Investigate competitors, understand their business models, analyse their systems and compare to Acturis.
- Identify functional changes that may be required to serve polish brokers/agents.
- Attend various industry events such as the annual broker congress and other events to promote Acturis, build prospect lists, manage contacts and develop relations with key players.
- Ensure close working relationships with the various teams of Technical Business Analysts and management - both in Poland and UK.
- Work with stakeholders and management of other teams to report on progress and performance.
You will be given early responsibility for discrete projects and will receive quarterly feedback.
The ideal Business Development Manager is an entrepreneurial self starter and would need to exhibit an excellent and in-depth knowledge and experience in the field of the insurance industry in Poland and the software aspects associated with brokers and agents with a track record of building a product or system. The candidate must have a firm grasp of specifics of the industry and understand the needs, trends and current software solutions. The candidate must be an active part of the insurance industry for years and have solid IT aptitude.
The ideal candidate must personify the following skills and qualities:
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- At least 5 years of experience working for the insurance industry
- either as a broker, agent or insurer
- or as a part of a software house with focus on solutions for the insurance
- A high degree of self-motivation. Must be a self starter, able to plan and execute work both independently and as a leader.
- Must be happy to call prospects and develop relationships from scratch – self starter
- Must be able to pick up technology and systems and should be able to demonstrate the system fluently after a few months in the role
- Leadership potential and excellent communication skills
- Details oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An ability to prioritise multiple tasks and to manage multiple projects in parallel, and see them through to fruition.
- Good academic degree (technical or economic subject preferred), strong academic record.
The prospective candidate must have had reasonable exposure to, and knowledge of the following technologies:
- Ability to work efficiently with MS Office is a must
- Being able to fluently use and demonstrate the Acturis system and understand the system fully
- IT experience in software implementation would be an asset
- Understanding of IT software development processes and methodologies is a bonus
Please include following statement in your application:
I hereby authorise Acturis Poland Sp. z o.o. to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (unified text: Journal of Laws of 2002 No. 101 item 926 with amendments). I hereby authorise Acturis Poland sp. z o.o. to process my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes.