sharing the costs of sports activities
Business Financial Crime Risk & Control Officer Asset Management & International Units
Danske Bank A/S S.A. Oddział w Polsce
- offer expired 4 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
- Immediate employment
- remote recruitment
Reporting to: Team Lead 1st Line Financial Crime Asset Management & International Units Warsaw
Do you want to join us in establishing a new footprint for the 1st Line Financial Crime Risk & Control organization in Warsaw? Are you an experienced Financial Crime professional looking to make a difference by help driving our Financial Crime transformation agenda?
Following a recent re-organization 1st Line Financial Crime have consolidated multiple functions into a single 1st Line group covering risk, control, governance and transformation functions. This function is, amongst other things, responsible for setting risk appetite, defining control standards, issuing of guidance to front line teams, ensuring responsible governance and oversight and helping set and drive the technology programs within the bank. As part of this strategy 1st Line Financial Crime is expanding into Warsaw with the extension of three existing functions. It is to one of these teams, the Financial Crime Asset Management & International Units, that we are now seeking Business Financial Crime Risk & Control Officer.
You will be working in an ever-changing environment together with a highly professional and global team, be exposed to a broad range of disciplines and topics as well as engaging with stakeholders across multiple legal entities and jurisdictions.
As a Business Financial Crime Risk & Control Officer, you will be a member of the global 1st Line Financial Crime Asset Management & International Units team. The team is primarily operating across the Nordic countries and are now looking to set up a center of excellence in Warsaw. Since 1st Line Financial Crime Risk & Control department in Warsaw was created only 6 months ago, you will be an integral part of the development journey building up our presence in Warsaw. The team’s focus is Financial Crime risk identification, management and mitigation. Your main responsibility is to coordinate Financial Crime related governance activities across Asset Management and International Units. You will also provide advice and assist in Financial Crime related issues and initiatives; drive projects, perform risk assessments, update SOPs and guidelines and follow-up on compliance and audit observations. You ensure that projects progress on track and that high quality standards and deadlines are met. You will work in close cooperation with your colleagues in the global Financial Crime Risk & Control team, as well as other business functions, but also with Compliance and other relevant stakeholders in Danske Bank.
You are a self-driven and structured Financial Crime professionals with broad knowledge of in one or many Financial Crime disciplines. You have excellent people skills and have a natural ability to build relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
Furthermore you are:
- A team player, collaborator and have strong work-ethics
- Enjoying being exposed to a broad range of topics on a day to day basis
- Bringing experience from other banks, institutions or companies
- Have an analytical mind-set and a focus on execution
- Have at least 3 years of experience in AML area
- Identify practical solutions to regulatory Financial Crime and process issues
- Holding a relevant bachelors or master’s degree
- Have strong communication skills, including an advanced command of English. Danish is not a requirement
More information of key skills, experience & qualifications can be found below.
- Financial Crime Knowledge: Broad knowledge of Financial Crime risk identification, management and mitigation in the areas of Fund Management and Fund Distribution, both on the asset side (investment) and on the liability side (customers). Knowledge of Corporate & Institutional Banking in general is required; knowledge of products and processes in Asset Management or from a Fund Management Company is favourable.
- Stakeholder Management: Stakeholder management is key in this role. Given the number of multiple legal entities and jurisdictions within the teams remit, the holder will be interacting with a range of business and risk stakeholders across the Group and the three Lines of Defence.
- Governance & Project Management: Given the number of different regulatory jurisdictions, experience in coordination of Financial Crime related governance activities is key. Being self-driven and enjoying working in a structured manner exercising judgement to balance competing demands and potential solutions to challenges. Having a strong analytical skillsets being comfortable bringing structure to large complex tasks and projects.
private medical care
remote work opportunities
extra social benefits
sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
Danske Bank A/S S.A. Oddział w Polsce
The Danske Bank Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, is the largest bank in Denmark and one of the leading financial enterprises in northern Europe. We offer a full range of banking services, and have a full international presence.
The Danske Bank Group is organised in four business units: Personal Banking, Business Banking, Corporates & Institutions and Wealth Management - that span all the Group’s geographical markets.
For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Clearly retail banking is a core activity, but we also provide asset management, investment, life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.
Danske Bank employs nearly 20,000 people across 16 countries and has over 5 million personal customers, with 236,000 small and medium sized business customers and 1,800 corporate and institutional customers.