sharing the costs of sports activities
Business Intelligence Developer / Consultant
- Łużycka 6E, Mały Kack, GdyniaGdynia, Pomeranian
- offer expired 23 days ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- home office work
- remote recruitment
Technologies we use
Azure SQL DB
Do you want to be part of an extraordinary journey in creating external-facing digital products? Would you like to make impact on industry-scale decision making towards a smarter, safer, greener future?
We are in the middle of an exciting digital transformation across the Energy space. DNV GL - Energy Systems is seeking a solid Business Intelligence Developer / Consultant to be part of our growing Analytics Centre based in Gdynia, Poland (hybrid/remote within Poland possible). As our ideal candidate, you bring a strong blend of technical and interpersonal skills. You will have unique exposure and impact on both the technical and commercial side, delivering digital products and insights as a force for good.
In this role you will mix the following activities:
• BI Development: You will design, build, test, document and support Microsoft Power BI & Azure based, reporting solutions, with a focus on the user, data security, performance and scalability. You will work with DNV GL’s Veracity.com industry data platform
• Working with customers: Engaging with technical and non-technical clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders to understand data challenges, define requirements, propose and delivering successful solutions
• Team collaboration: Collaborating with local and international virtual teams, and project stakeholders in an agile environment across time zones
• Exposure to agile project management: Participating in our agile way of working, and possibly performing some agile project management tasks for smaller or larger projects.
• Continuous improvement and innovation: Giving input and helping shape the overall technical architecture as the Analytics Centre and surrounding technologies evolve, and contributing to our development best practices, innovation, processes, and finding new and creative ways of working better
• In-person engagement: Travel to client offices, other DNV GL office locations, and conferences, on occasion as per project/customer needs and when deemed safe by authorities
• Exposure to business development: Possibly assisting with BD activities which could include market research, networking, relationship building, proposals, presentations, etc.
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English
• Professional degree in IT, analytics, computer science, engineering or related fields
• Mandatory 2+ years professional experience (including internships) working with Microsoft Power BI and DAX, PowerQuery, Tabular data modelling
• Experience with the Microsoft Azure data platform and services like Azure SQL DB
• 1+ years commercial experience on external (chargeable) projects/engagements a plus. This could include experience such as development, implementation, consulting, advisory, IT audit or related
• Proven ability to create attractive, user-friendly data visualizations
• Understanding of business intelligence and data warehouse relational data modelling concepts
• Analysis Services, Databricks, Data factory is a plus
• Experience working in an agile environment and with agile tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc. It is a plus if you have held any roles like SCRUM master, agile coach, product owner, etc.
• Geospatial/GIS data working experience is a plus.
If you are the right person - don't forget to apply with your resume and cover letter in English!
Traits we value
• Taking initiative and ownership for your work and helping the team win
• Proactiveness and ability to manage own time and workload effectively and meet tight deadlines
• An eye for detail and driven to create quality outputs
• Customer-, solution- and result-oriented mindset.
• Team player and building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across locations, cultures, and technical experience levels
• Curiosity, passion and willing to learn, grow, continuously self-improve, and succeed as a data
What we offer
Full-time permanent employment contract, with long-term career prospects in an international environment
Competitive salary package
Groundbreaking project experience that makes a difference
Working with the latest tools and technology
Training and development opportunities in both hard and soft skills
Private medical care (Luxmed)
Pension Scheme (PPE)
Multisport or sport allowance
Modern ergonomic working environment aligned with our Scandinavian roots
Language lessons support
Fresh fruits, great coffee, and more.
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
corporate sports team
mobile phone available for private use
computer available for private use
retirement pension plan
coffee / tea
employee referral program
33 days of sick leave fully paid by employer
attractive and modern office with ergonomic equipment
What do you value the most?
Since 1864, our Purpose has been to safeguard life, property and the environment. Our Vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations. Our Values are beliefs that shape our performance:
We care for each other, our customers, our planet, and we take care of ourselves.
We dare to explore, to experiment, to be different, and to be courageous, curious and creative.
We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers, and we continue to grow and develop as a result.
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence. As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We deliver world-renowned testing, certification and technical advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables, oil and gas, and energy management. We are one of the world’s leading certification bodies, helping businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains.
We are also a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. Our open industry assurance platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.