Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs
Business Intelligence Developer
As a Business Intelligence Developer you will be a member of a dedicated and passionate team of BI enthusiasts.
The team prides itself in being innovative, agile, and responsive to the needs of their customers throughout the organization.
As a member of this team, you will act as a key contributor and collaborator with all facets of Hitachi Vantara business world-wide helping drive an enterprise-wide data reporting effort. The role provides opportunities for growth in developing your business acumen, technical skills in cutting edge BI technologies and professional skills.
The role requires a fast-thinking, confident person who is comfortable in taking on new and diverse tasks in order to satisfy our business needs.
The Business Intelligence Developer has the responsibility for translating business needs into enterprise-level reporting solutions to provide more timely access to information as well as increase the efficiencies of Hitachi. This will include the participation and execution of cross-functional projects spanning the entire company based on the business needs as defined by the Executive Committee and Senior Management within Hitachi.
- Design, build and maintain customized reporting solutions in a variety of tools (Einstein Analytics, Power BI, Salesforce.com, SQL Server)
- Debug complicated issues in production while minimizing customer impact
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet goals successfully
- Work to continually improve and document our processes, tools, and standards
- Act as a creative problem solver who can effectively communicate technical details to leadership and break down complex tasks
- Database architecture and design
- A BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field is preferred
- At least 3+ years of general business experience is required
- Communication skills:
- Must be able to interact and work with a broad spectrum of people from Operations staff to Senior Management
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability and passion to evangelize BI strategy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- Analytical mind, with a penchant for data driven decisions
- Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility and versatility
- Translate vague business questions into enterprise-level analytical solutions
- Technical Skills:
- SQL, JSON, SAQL/Pigql, JS or other programming language experience is preferred
- Hands on experience with industry standard BI tools (Salesforce.com/Einstein Analytics, Power BI, SQL Server, Pentaho is a strong plus)
- Willingness to learn new technical skills and be the resident technical expert for the team
- Knowledge of financial systems and technology in general will be an asset to the role
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- The happiness and welfare of our staff is of huge importance to us so we offer a competitive salary and a bonus, and have developed a generous benefits package for our team (complex medical package, life insurance, Multisport card etc.).
- We trust that our employees can organize their work in the most efficient way. At Hitachi you can adjust your work schedule to your life rhythm thanks to the flexible working hours; what's more, 30 min. break is included in 8-hours working day. Additionally, there is a possibility to work from home (based on manager's approval) and an extra day off.
- We support our employees by providing interesting educational opportunities.
- We help makes lives better through Social Innovation solutions, charitable efforts and employee volunteer participation.
- We strive to create friendly and cosy working environment. Our employees can use fully-equipped kitchen and relaxation room whenever they need a little break.
- We are a global innovative IT company that is constantly growing and developing. Join us to Inspire the Next!