Business Policy Officer
- Kawalerii 12, Warszawa, PolskaWarszawa, mazowieckie
- ogłoszenie wygasło 10 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Delivering a regular drumbeat of high quality events at the Residence, the Embassy and other senior staff’s homes that promote the UK, help deliver Embassy objectives and increase our influence and engagement with people from across Polish society;
Running the Ambassador’s residence, and leading the Residence team. This will include managing the estate, managing the Residence team, managing the Residence budget, ensuring the Residence and events comply with health and safety and other legal requirements;
Working with the Ambassador, their private office and the senior team to ensure the Embassy knows and is known across Polish society, helping them develop and maintain contacts, including by developing and maintaining contact databases;
The work will include leading on set-piece events such as the Queen’s Birthday Party (mid-June), annual Christmas party, ministerial receptions and a wide range of dinners, receptions, seminars and conferences;
You will be a key member of the British Embassy team and we pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive place to work. We encourage you to play a full role in Embassy life, gaining experience of the full range of Embassy work and supporting us to be a fun, rewarding and exciting place to work;
The role will include some evening working. On rare occasions it my include weekend working.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in Polish and English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*);
- University graduate or equivalent;
- Min 3 years' experience in a similar role;
- Confidence in dealing with senior contacts and colleagues, and in handling customers;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven leadership skills with ability to manage, motivate and coordinate the work of a team;
- Ability to work at pace, independently and as part of a team, and to use initiative;
- Proven organisational and administrative skills;
- Good time management skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Good IT skills (especially Word, Teams, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience in an international organisation or foreign mission;
- Fast thinker and a good decision maker;
- Flexibility and ability to deliver results under pressure in a challenging, dynamic environment.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through the official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.