Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 36199
As a C++ Developer, you will join STAR team where you play very important role in developing & supporting fund services systems. You should be team oriented individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way in all phases of a project life-cycle.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Contributing to requirements definition and application design.
- Contributing technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, creating proofs of concept or prototypes if required, contributing to technical design of applications, cooperation with database team.
- Developing application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines.
- Developing maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Providing responsive support for business areas.
- Quickly resolving issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, high touch approach in working with business users.
- Delivering high quality, maintainable code.
- Debugging and profiling of C++ applications.
The key qualifications include:
- Very good C++ language knowledge (including the C++ 11 standard).
- Knowledge of STL and Boost libraries.
- At least 4 years of experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Perl, bash.
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with at least one unit-testing framework for C++.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems by analyzing log files.
- Understanding of SVN/Git.
- Knowledge of SDLC & Agile methodologies.
- Team oriented, able to cooperate with business users, business analysts, external vendors and other technology groups within the enterprise.
- Fluent English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Solaris.
- Google test, google mock.
- C++ 14.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.