Category Manager - Logistics & Transportation
Advisory Group TEST Human Resources
- ogłoszenie wygasło rok temu
- Kierownik / Koordynator
- rekrutacja zdalna
Our Client is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At the company, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
What do you need to have?
- Min. 5 years of experience in Procurement with experience in Logistics & Transportation or previous experience in managing Logistics operations
- Recognised expertise in the specific category applicable to the role
- Evidence of managing a sub-category through the whole life cycle, from strategy creation through procurement to supplier management
- Deep understanding of the Supply Chain Process and ability to execute evaluation scenarios
- Excellent numeracy & analytical skills (Excel)
- Proficiency using data analytics software’s, Tableau, Power BI, others
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence middle to senior level stakeholders
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity
- Identifies and raises opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to solve problems and to influence decision making
- Strong negotiation skills
- A driven self-starter; who has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team
What will you be responsible for?
This role will be focused on direct and lead strategy, planning and execution of allocated procurement sub-categories to deliver competitive advantage for company through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. The role will support the Head of Procurement in creation of the logistics category strategy, owning all elements within their respective sub-categories (including the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings). The role will develop influential relationships across markets and business units including ownership of both the procurement and PSL compliance.
- Supporting the creation of the overall category strategy, the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category
- Leading strategic sourcing projects involving 3rd Party Logistics Providers across Road, Air and Ocean Freight, Courier, Warehousing Refurbishment and Repairs
- Constantly monitoring the supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category)
- Continually monitoring compliance across the indirect spend and driving corrective action as necessary
- Drive strategic supplier relationships forward across key 3rd Party Logistics Providers
- Support the Head of Procurement in influencing policy thinking, provide timely responses to audit reports and report category costs as appropriate
- Implement or maintain an appropriate global, regional, national strategy within the sub-categories and, with the support of relevant in market procurement, manage compliance to contracts
- Support supplier relationship management in the classification of new suppliers to determine the most appropriate SRM treatment
- Ensure category and project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant sourcing and category planning governance
- Work with the Head of Procurement to prioritise and schedule all strategic sourcing initiatives for the year
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the sub-categories
What do we offer?
- Private healthcare
- Cafteria package