sharing the costs of sports activities
Category Specialist - Transportation & Warehousing
Chmielów (pow. tarnobrzeski)Chmielów (pow. tarnobrzeski), Subcarpathia
- offer expired 4 months ago
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior), expert
This position will be responsible to:
1. support the Category Manager for Europe in delivery of agreed objectives and the financial targets set within the category and the region;
2. develop and implement category strategies across the given group of category responsibilities within the region to deliver optimum service to the business lines;
3. take a lead in certain Eastern European countries for sourcing activities in the category;
4. key purpose is to coordinate and communicate the delivery of key projects, be commercially astute and have a comprehensive technical knowledge of both the local requirements and the operational / commercial needs of the SBUs.
• Implement defined global and regional category strategies and objectives within Europe and across selected countries within Transportation and Warehousing category;
• Support the Category Manager in developing a deep understanding of carrier financials, cost structures / models to leverage within negotiations;
• Understand and influence NSG Group requirements for the category in the European region and support the Category Manager in developing a regional supply portfolio that balances transport and supply chain cost with risk and customer service;
• Participate in cross-functional category teams within NSG Group as required;
• Act as the prime commercial contact with suppliers across an area of responsibility within the European region;
• Negotiate supply contracts as required, working within the constraints of the established category strategy;
• Act as the prime contact with regional business stakeholders and the expert within the region of Europe for the category in the prime areas of responsibility and support associated change programmes;
• Support/lead initiatives together with suppliers and internal logistics and supply chain personnel to deliver cost reduction, cash generation and mitigate supply risk within the region, as agreed with the Category Manager;
• Support/lead supplier rationalisation programmes within the category in the region as appropriate;
• Accountable for creating and achieving cost savings, cash flow improvements, capacity security, service performance, quality targets and ensure all savings are fully reported consistently within established Group reporting mechanisms;
• Support/lead the resolution of key commodity quality and supply issues within Europe ensuring appropriate Key Performance Indicators are provided and targets are delivered;
• Undertake any specific cross-regional projects within the area of category responsibility;
• Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting NSG Pilkington from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain;
• Identifies and implements significant bottom-line cost savings, as well as introducing company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and the supply base;
• Ensure the Group scale is leveraged, aggregating all volumes across functions/business units, rationalising the supply base, moving to more standard specifications across the addressable spend;
Educated to degree standard in Logistic, Supply Chain, Procurement or equivalent. Qualification by Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply, or to an equivalent level will be an additional advantage;
Possess solid experience (min.5 years) within a similar level Procurement role with cross-category expertise ideally within either Distribution / Logistics / Services or Direct Strategic Materials;
Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with stakeholders to secure value and advantage for NSG Pilkington together with our key suppliers;
Strong change management and implementation experience;
Excellent negotiation skills with detailed knowledge of contract law, influencing and communication skills are essential;
Track record of delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects while driving substantial improvements of service offering and reduction of supply risk at the same time;
Able to demonstrate a track record of engaging key stakeholders in category strategy development and implementation;
Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business;
Ability to demonstrate strategic change in a category role;
Advanced analytical skills;
Strong business acumen, solid financial analytics skills (supplier economics, target costing / cost modelling);
Proven track record of extracting innovation from the supply base and implementation thereof in the organization;
Be a dynamic self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, flexible and motivated to succeed in a challenging environment;
Excellent communication skills in English and Polish (written and spoken), other European language skills are advantageous;
Flexibility to travel – a significant amount of travel (domestic and international) will be required in this role to ensure the strategies are being correctly and fully implemented within the regions. Balancing the key relationships between the local business and the Category team will require an individual with exceptional time management and organisational skills;
What we offer
Work within a global team,
Trainings adjusted to your scope of responsibilities and individual competencies,
Opportunity to further professional development,
Daily contact with a foreign client,
Stable employment based on work contract.
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
corporate sports team
retirement pension plan
saving & investment scheme
parking space for employees
extra social benefits
employee referral program
The NSG Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass and glazing products for the automotive, architectural and technical glass markets.
Founded in 1918, NSG acquired the leading UK-based glass manufacturer Pilkington plc in June 2006. Today, the Company has combined sales of JPY 580.8 billion, with manufacturing operations around the world and sales in over 100 countries, employing around 27,000 people worldwide.
The Mission of the NSG Group is to be the global leader in innovative high-performance glass and glazing solutions, contributing to energy conservation and generation, working safely and ethically.
We operate in three main sectors. Architectural supplies glass for architectural and Solar Energy applications. Automotive serves the original equipment, aftermarket replacement and specialized transport glazing markets. Technical Glass products include very thin glass for displays, lenses and light guides for printers, and glass fibre, used in battery separators and engine timing belts.
A vacancy has arisen for Category Specialist - Transportation & Warehousing, Eastern Europe, within Transportation Procurement. The job holder will report directly to the European Category Manager – Transportation & Warehousing.
Transportation Procurement at NSG Pilkington is all about creating and adding value through great category management, sourcing activities and supplier management. Our team looks after suppliers across a full range of transportation sub-categories - including 3PL (FTL, LTL, Groupage), Warehousing / satellites, Multi modal, Rail, Seafreight / Airfreight and courier services.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV via Aplikuj button.
Please send your CV in English language.
We reserve right to contact the selected candidates only.