Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
CE Systems Senior BI Analyst
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, development, system testing of firm's enterprise reporting applications in support of the business needs of BBH’s divisions and clients.
S/he will join our Client Experience (CE) Systems BI Reporting Group to design, test and support applications on the Cognos 10 BI platform. S/he will work with our clients to define and document business requirements and translate those requirements into an application. S/he will need to collaborate with our developers, DBAs, data modelers and administrators as necessary to define and develop new data elements in support of client BI requirements.
1. Planning and Organization:
- Interview end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance.
- Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Document requirements and help to identify and assess potential data sources.
- Recommend appropriate scope of requirements and priorities.
- Validate that BI meets requirements and service level agreements.
- Provide support on related Cognos projects, create and maintain project documentation.
2. Application Development:
- Create and modify Cognos BI objects in Report Studio, Query Studio and Workspace Advanced to meet client requirements and conform to departmental standards regarding documentation and structure that is reliable and easy to maintain.
- Create and/or modify Cognos BI objects in Event Studio to support intelligent alerts to our users and clients.
- Maintain Cognos BI Framework Manager Metadata models to deliver solid foundations for report development.
- Analyze and classify change requests, identifying and documenting scope of change and impact on other reporting objects.
- Participate in walk-throughs which review report specs, reporting objects, all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate prototype reviews, and gather prototype feedback.
- Supervise BI solution testing, and monitor data quality.
- Develop unit test plans that will thoroughly exercise report logic to ensure Cognos application performance with regard to business requirements.
- Execute unit test plans, document test results and resolve discrepancies as deemed appropriate.
4. Client-User Support:
- Develop training materials, and conduct classroom / remote trainings to promote self-service.
- Provide relevant post go-live support on reporting applications.
- Stay current on advances in supported business lines, and the BI industry.
- Share knowledge on Cognos, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance processes – maintain & establish best practices.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Business Analyst / Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience as BI developer.
- Ideally 6 to 8 years of experience working in financial services or application development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to coordinate project tasks, and engage as BI solution business analyst and/or quality assurance specialist.
- Exposure to full systems development life-cycle, ideally in the BI application development space.
- Working knowledge of enterprise Business Intelligence tools (Cognos, OBIEE/Hyperion, BusinessObjects, MicroStrategy, QlikView or others). Experience in Cognos 8 / 10 will be considered an asset. The following studios are listed in order of importance:
- Report Studio,
- Query Studio,
- Framework Manager,
- Workspace Advanced,
- Event Studio,
- Analysis Studio.
- Ability to develop moderately complex, highly formatted reports and dashboards.
- Ability to read, understand and debug complex SQL.
- Sharp analytical abilities.
- Highly developed adaptability.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Familiarity with database / data warehousing concepts: Oracle and/or DB2 are considered an asset.
- You must be fully fluent in English (other languages is an advantage).