Chapter Lead - Data/ Analytical Engineering
Reference Number: AŚ/PRCLD/09/2018
Risk Hub Warsaw is a fast growing team of modelling experts, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead financially, in life and in business.
What we do in Risk Hub Warsaw?
Our expertise lies in the development and management of market risk, credit and trading risk and financial markets models, with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data-processing technologies.
To further strengthen and develop the credit risk modelling capabilities ING decided to set-up a Risk Hub Warsaw.
The reporting, data and analytics team within Risk Hub Warsaw is providing high quality reporting, credit and market risk analysis and data quality assurance & governance services to internal and external stakeholders. We follow an agile way working in high performing, self-steering teams commonly fulfilling ambitious goals.
Type of employment: contract of employment
We are looking for an experienced Chapter Lead - Data / Analytical Engineering, who is looking forward to bringing our global model data environment to the next level. From your thorough understanding of risk data, you’re able to see how the modelling team can be well serviced with high quality data marts to feed the risk models.
Your technical and analytical skills enable you to pre-process the data before model development start using it. You have a strong focus on the automation and standardisation of the data gathering processes and the data quality improvements. A successful candidate has proven experience in usage of risk data, querying tools (e.g. SAS) and data architecture best practices.
As a Chapter Lead you will manage a team of specialists and constantly support them in their development and cooperation with the team in Amsterdam.
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team in the area of risk and to service internal stakeholders with high quality model data, then this job is something to apply for!
- planning, Coaching and Evaluation cycle of your employees,
- supporting the employees in their development,
- the skills and competence development of your employees,
- defining the strategic direction for the standardisation of the data and scripts together with the Group.
From a content perspective, the Chapter Lead is the senior in:
- documenting the data sets required for modelling in detail and analyse the available data sources for this purpose,
- design the appropriate data model for these data marts,
- building prototypes of the data marts that link the data sources with the modelling environment,
- designing data quality checks that serve data quality monitoring,
- supporting the testing process for newly delivered data,
- phasing out ad-hoc solutions for sourcing the model data,
- support model related projects such as TRIM (Targeted Review of Internal Models) and GCD (Global Credit Data),
- in the initial phase, the focus is on Credit Risk models, but will be extended to other Risk types,
- communication with the stakeholders in the model development and model risk management domains.
- MSc in the field of Computer Science, Finance, Economics and/or Mathematics/Statistics,
- 10 years of experience in a data oriented function, experience should cover both risk data content knowledge and technical knowledge (i.e. able to build complex sql queries),
- experience in coaching other colleagues,
- experience in an Agile work environment is a must,
- expertise in the field of risk and/or finance is a must, expertise in statistical modelling is a pre,
- strong analytical skills,
- critical mind-set with respect to what is delivered,
- hands on mentality with regard to data,
- strong communicator,
- good team player, able to contribute in a multi-cultural team,
- fluency in English both written and verbal (work language).
|Stable employment||Training and development programmes||Access to new technology||Performance-driven bonus|
|Private healthcare||Employee Pension Programme||Sports package||Benefits in the |