- Czarnowiejska 36, 30-054 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 24 dni temu
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
We are looking for a creative, cooperative Chemical Engineer with a wealth of technical and laboratory knowledge and a talent for solving technical issues. The Chemical Engineer will share its work time between office, laboratory, and a workshop to design, implement, test, analyze and improve the equipment for scientific measurements. The Chemical Engineer will work together with other engineers and scientists from diverse backgrounds to understand project goals, design and propose solutions, and assist in implementing, troubleshooting, and reviewing plans as projects progress.
The Chemical Engineer will report to: internally – Project Manager and Scientific Officer; externally – an international consortium consisting of the Institute of Physical Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences IPC PAS (Poland), Gdańsk University of Technology (Poland) and SINTEF (Norway).
The overall goal of the project named UpTurn funded by POLNOR Programme is the development of first-of-its-kind, multiparametric instrumentation equipment integrating microfluidic electrochemical cells and advanced microelectrodes materials, while being compatible with various in situ analysis techniques such as UV-Vis, FTIR/IR, Raman, NMR and ultra-fast laser spectroscopy. The main vision is to develop a powerful, yet flexible research tool, which is open to customization of all its components, allows adjustment of experimental conditions, and enables downstream analysis by users.
Project Duration - 3 years
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Using scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
- Designing, proposing, implementing, reviewing, and correcting plans to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Evaluation of equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Performing standard chemical procedures.
- Using computer software to analyze data.
- Communicating project results (English).
- Traveling to the Swedish department for training and internal meetings.
- Attending project meetings (domestic and foreign).
To be a successful Chemical Engineer, you should be knowledgeable, communicative, observant, organized, and committed to reaching project goals. You should also possess strong interpersonal, time management, and presentation skills.
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or in a related field.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and material science.
- Academic research experience is an advantage.
- Experience in CAD environment is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles.
- English proficiency (written and verbal).
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with other members of the team.
- Exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication, presentation, and project management skills.