Child Protection Coordinator
FUNDACJA SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL (POLAND)
- offer expired 3 months ago
- contract of employment
- manager / supervisor
- mobile workPlease choose powiats that you are ready to cover: Warszawski, Krakowski, Słupski
- More than one vacancyvacancies: 2
- remote recruitment
- запрошуємо працівників з України
- Payment schedule:monthly
Important: in your application specify powiats that you are ready to cover from mentioned: Warszawski, Krakowski, Słupski
I. ROLE PURPOSE:
The overall role purpose of the Child Protection (CP) Coordinator is to support the implementation of Save The Children's CP programming across different locations in Poland.
The CP Coordinator will lead on the continuity and further scale up of the CP response, supporting programme implementation in areas such as adolescent life skills, structured group Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), case management and alternative care, and integration within Education and Livelihoods activities. The CP Coordinator will provide leadership, technical support, monitoring of quality, and on-the-job training and support to Save The Children's staff and partners.
The position requires frequent travels among project sites. The position holder will be covering multiple locations with hybrid modality from project sites, office, and working from home. The contract is for 12 months, hybrid modality – some work from the project sites, some home office, with regular visits to the country office in Warsaw (for Coordinators based in other powiat).
II. KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Overall responsibility for implementing, monitoring, and supporting CP activities, including travelling to implementation sites in various locations.
- Contribute to developing and monitoring of detailed implementation plans, tracking progress against project indicators, and monitoring budget versus spend.
- Contribute to timely programme and donor reports
- Escalate challenges and propose solutions to the Program Manager and other relevant technical and senior staff for discussion and review.
- Supervise the work of CP officer(s) at the project sites and ensure quality implantation and reporting.
- Support in mainstreaming child protection across different programs.
- Support partners to meet inter-agency and donor compliance and reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen partnerships and the quality of programmes.
- Produce timely progress reports and represent Save the Children at different forums when necessary.
- Ensure that urgent child protection needs (including violence, abuse, child marriage, family separation, trafficking, recruitment and child labor) are prevented and responded to through effective safe identification and referrals and implementation of case management work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate qualification in Social Work or Law or similar.
- At least three years of experience in implementing child protection projects
- Understanding of project cycle management
- Proven ability to effectively manage grant-funded projects.
- Previous experience of team management and coordinating with other organisations and stakeholders in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Experience of working with and supporting partner organisations
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent writing skills, particularly reporting.
- The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in challenging working circumstances.
- The capacity and willingness to frequent travels among project sites within a country.
- Fluent written and spoken Polish.
- Fluent English, Ukrainian, and/or Russian highly desirable
- Experience implementing structured, group MHPSS activities and/or projects with adolescents
What we offer
multisport card (covered by enployer)
private healthcare (covered by employer)
30 days of annual leave/year
childcare benefit for parents children until 6 years old
sharing the costs of sports activities
private medical care
Save the Children is one of largest INGO working across globe in 120 countries for improving lives of the children. SC is implementing a large scale program for Ukrainian children and families inside Poland from Warsaw office located in Poland. SC started its programs for Ukrainian children and families in 2022 and program is funded by variety of international donors.