Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
CI Senior Specialist
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
- Job Purpose: This role is responsible for CI within the Expenditure process with the following responsibilities:
- Equipping Finance staff with the right behaviours & skills to solve problems on their own
- Train & Coach on improvement project delivery
- Train & Coach on CI Ways of Working to leaders
- Build a working understanding of CI through training of staff at all levels on CI Methodology and Tools (CI Curriculum)
- Embed CI Standard Ways of Working (CI SWoW) as a key component of the Finance Operations Management System
- Leading Complex Change - Finance CI staff as Change Agent
- Help sponsors develop & implement an effective CI deployment strategy including Low Cost Automation (“LCA”) opportunities aligned with business strategy.
- Lead complex change initiatives that require greater change management experience & skills for example ongoing implementation of Leader Standard Work.
- Integrating the Components of Operational Excellence - Finance CI staff as Integrator
- Share best practice & enable replication
- Connect interdependent processes systems, data & people to deliver End-to-End improvement
- Promote coordinated CI deployments in Shell by leveraging on CI networks
- Facilitate development of a common agenda (including digitization) through Integrated Process Plans
- Will provide holistic CI support to a large populations of finance staff in the Expenditure process (the role will have the ability to influence 500+ finance staff either directly or indirectly)
- Run numerous training events and courses, as dictated by the operational need. (~1-2 training courses and >20 smaller CI Curriculum trainings)
- Coach a portfolio of improvement projects, using appropriate CI methodology, including Agile, with each of the projects aiming to develop capability and deliver sustainable business value.
- Lead the ongoing implementation of Leader Standard Work (LSW) in all leadership teams within the Expenditure process.
- Deliver at least 1 complex (integrated, E2E Project each year)
- Provide ad hoc coaching support to develop CI mindset in Expenditure as needed
- Subject Matter Expert on Lean Sigma methodology, able to coach and train Finance staff, at all levels, on the use of this methodology to deliver CI projects and to cultivate a strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Develop credible trust based relationships and work closely with senior stakeholders across the Expenditure process to define process improvement priorities and to create a strong continuous improvement culture within Expenditure. Identify the improvement needs and take the initiative whilst ensuring the usage of the correct project selection and project prioritisation criteria.
- Work with Expenditure stakeholders to identify pain areas and scope opportunities that form the basis of a strong improvement pipeline to be delivered across Expenditure and its feeder processes.
- Ensure that effective quality processes are adhered to and that appropriate tools and processes (e.g. Lean Sigma) are being used to drive Continuous Improvement.
- Manage and mentor CI Practitioners to drive sustainable process improvements that have rigorous, auditable benefits to the organisation.
- Define, scope and lead process improvement projects in alignment with overall CI Finance strategy and business priorities.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Engineering. (desirable).
- Minimum 5 years work experience with min 2 years of experience as CI Specialilst
- Exceptional coaching skills
- Demonstrable Change Management / Project Management and Coaching skills
- Ability to train
- Experience delivering or actively supporting improvement projects.
- Experience facilitating workshops and training with groups of staff.
- Ability to coach and develop staff to identify improvement opportunities.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Effective communicator with the confidence to engage and influence stakeholders at various levels across the organisation
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills; able to synthesize complex information and prepare concise, compelling presentations.
- Capacity and confidence to drive end to end improvement initiatives, with ability to influence positive outcomes, gain senior stakeholder support and deliver results while leading and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix environment, to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Managing competing demands from different stakeholders.
- Team Player - Ability to work with people from various work streams cutting across functional boundaries and solicit partnership
- Able to identify process gaps/waste and recommend improvements to ensure that process tasks are operated effectively and efficiently
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome