Cloud Software Engineer Job
Requisition ID: 180424
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Hybris provides omnichannel customer engagement and commerce software solutions, which helps some of the world's leading organizations to attract, retain and grow a profitable customer base. Our solutions help to solve complex business problems and deliver a more impactful, relevant customer experience allowing to sell more goods, services, and digital content across every touch point, channel, and device.
Our part of the organization is responsible for developing and providing the SAP Hybris Service Factory, a central extension and integration framework which covers the complete SAP Hybris product portfolio. The SAP Hybris Service Factory provides the capabilities to build fully distributed, highly scalable, microservices based custom solutions through a cloud-native approach, enabling software development or IT organizations to be more efficient, effective with an increasing agility.
Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager's agreement.
- Developing Cloud Native applications
- Contributing to open source projects
- Developing and maintaining microservices and web applications (backend with REST-API)
- Ensuring and maintaining full automation of testing and release processes
- Putting high quality of the product first throughout the entire development cycle
- Deploying team products to cloud environment
- Taking operational responsibility for the provided solutions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent; alternatively being a recognized expert in the field
- Strong development skills in one (or more) of modern programming languages: Go, Java, NodeJS
- Openness to new programming languages and cloud-oriented technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing technologies, frameworks, etc.
- DevOps culture
- Good communication skills and communicative English
- Strong interest in reactive & functional programming
- Experience in building Cloud Native applications
- Experience in building/consuming secured REST API
- Experience in continuous integration
#cloudsaphybris, #cloudautomation #cloudcommerce
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Manufacturing Engineer, ERP, Engineer, Technology, Engineering