sharing the costs of sports activities
Compliance and Data Privacy In-house Lawyer
Accenture Corporate Function
- offer expired 4 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
- remote recruitment
• Understand the CORE areas, relevant company policies
• Develop subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area and act as its POC
• Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues and build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, support LTO/CIO in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, assist team in drafting checklists and process documents, manage SharePoint and communication records
• Support recruitment efforts for the team, supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required, provide team members with positive and developmental feedback
• Identify and support any specific trainings for the team, provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Provide legal support to Accenture Corporate Functions and other areas on local & global legal matters. Provide legal advice and guidance and respond to inquiries made by various internal teams such as Workplace Solutions, Marketing & Communication, HR, Corporate Citizenship, CIO, IT and business teams, among others, on their daily operation.
• Provide Legal advice and support various areas of Accenture in the Compliance area, supporting with local Ethics & Compliance matters, Anticorruption, Competition Law, Regulatory, Data Privacy, Accenture’s policies, Intellectual Property, conflicts of interests and reviews of Codes of Conduct, among others. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and with Accenture global and local policies and processes. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
• Provide Legal support in the review of local & global Data Privacy initiatives. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
• Support Entity Matters operations with various tasks, including drafting of corporate documents, drafting Board of Directors’ resolutions, management of Power of Attorneys, support to PMI processes and maintaining updated databases, among others.
• Provide general legal support in different areas collaborating with other Accenture Legal teams, such as Litigation, Employment Law, Taxes, Acquisitions, Administrative Law and Contract Management, among others.
• Support the provision of training to Accenture teams on matters related to the support to the Corporate Functions.
• Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
• Accenture Counsels, Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at law firms or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing. Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Experience in generic legal in-house matters, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, compliances, contracts, legal research, etc.
• Understand Accenture offerings and function specific services, general basic corporate business practices, contracting regulations, commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals
• Able to recommend high quality and timely advice for risk mitigation by efficiently assessing business and legal implications
• Able to work under pressure, effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations, build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, and able to influence senior management
• Demonstrate promptness, accuracy, consistency, and drives tasks to closure
• Able to work with internal and external teams to assist with day to day support and to understand delivery requirements
• Demonstrate adaptability, positive & collaborative attitude, good interpersonal skills, strong time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail, sound judgement, and organization skills
• Comfortable with technology, has experience in tools & databases, with proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Behaviours and Attributes:
• Understand cross-cultures and open to work with team members across the globe
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
What we offer
• Stable employment conditions based on an employment contract
• Private medical care, life insurance and employee share program
• Access to the MyBenefit platform (possibility of using a wide range of products and services, including the Multisport card).
• Individual support of a Career counselor and a specific path of professional development, as well as the possibility of a session with a Coach.
• A wide training package (soft and technical training offer, access to the e-learning platform, possibility of co-financing courses and certification)
• Employee Assistance Program - free support in one-time legal, financial and psychological consultations.
• Paid employee referral program
private medical care
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
employee referral program
employee stock ownership program
Online tests (optional step)
Technical skills check (optional step)
Interview with your future Team Leader
Welcome to Accenture!
Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) Role Summary – To provide comprehensive support to legal and business teams which includes support on Accenture policies and processes, legal research, legal judgements, using various tools and methodologies focused on internal policy compliances, risk mitigation, contract execution, etc. The individual may also need to handle responsibilities related to people and process management.
Management Level Description
• Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
• Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Authority: Requires guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Scope: Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Accenture Corporate Function
Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.