The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Volvo Group IT in Wroclaw is looking for candidates for the position:
In this role you will be responsible to establish & maintain a governance framework around Configuration Management, with ways of working, implementation of best practices. As Configuration manager you will lead the activities of the network of configuration analysts in this area, and you will also be active in the daily work yourself
The configuration Manager is the custodian of the CMDB, its Data Model, the Configuration Management Plan and interfaces with associated technologies. The CMDB is shared with our partner HCL, where the governance of the CMDB lies with Volvo. The Configuration manager plays a key role in this governance.
The configuration manager is also accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Configuration Management process & owns and maintains the process, policies and work instructions.
The configuration manager will be a champion of the CMDB & communicate the value of Configuration Management to the business.
He/she will secure that the requirements from Volvo are reflected into the CMDB.
Furthermore, the configuration manager will be in close contact with our partner HCL in order to secure a common approach & direction for the CMDB related matters.
- Establish and animate Configuration analysts network
- Create, own and maintain the Configuration Management Plan (especially scope of item that have to be controlled in CMDB)
- Ensure that the toolset supports the process, procedures, policies and work instructions.
- Maintain and review the Configuration Management process, procedures, policies and work instructions.
- Liaising with other ITSM Process Managers regarding the scope, effectiveness, efficiency and consumption of the CMDB
- Identify, review and prioritize improvement opportunities and implement the improvements under the guidance of the ITSM Design authority
- Manage the evaluation of configuration management process and activities by using CSF and KPIs
- Raises Configuration Management awareness and competency in the IT organization via training, awareness events and communications
- Understanding of working with external service providers
- Strong service management awareness and experience, strives for efficiency, effectiveness and quality
- Experience from Configuration management
- Solid knowledge in Process Management
- Collaboration and negotiation skills
- Experience from leading in a global context, cross cultural awareness and skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a requirement.
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- Have the ability to, in an inspiring way, communicate vision, strategy and objectives
- Have the ability to set right priorities and eliminate roadblocks
- Have a strong business focus and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the business
- Relevant university degree
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
- Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
Work Place: Wrocław