CONTROL HARDWARE SIMULATION ENGINEER (HIL)
Miejsce pracy: Katowice
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. The company helps customers through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services. We are among 100 the most ethical companies globally.
Hardware Department is a part of newly opened Research & Development Team.
Analyze, synthesize & simulate complex Control Electronics and Hardware Systems which are incorporated in new product lines for Industrial Inverters/Converters, under the direction of principal engineers and project managers. Responsible for functional validation of Industrial Control Hardware products including microprocessor, digital, analog, communications, and FPGA design elements. Responsible for preparing and running hardware parts simulation to validate control algorithms, simulate power converter and inverter behavior in Hardware In the Loop Systems.
CHALLENGES WAITING FOR YOU
- Create Matlab/Simulink models for power converter and inverter systems.
- Validate system functionality and algorithm correctness in early project stage.
- Develop Industrial product Converter/inverter Controls, communications, I/O and Human Interface hardware products. In support of these developments - Analyze, synthesize, design and schedule the implementation of these tasks on cost-effective, control circuits and systems in all the disciplines of analog, digital, microprocessor, communications and FPGA development using advanced simulation, synthesis and validation and verification tools and procedures.
- Analyze complex malfunctioning control circuits or systems and assess root cause and subsequent cost effective resolution.
- Develops products utilizing required development processes and process improvement.
- Familiarity with appropriate engineering tools such as Matlab Simulink, Simplorer/Spice, Quartus, Modalism Test Bench, embedded C programming, VHDL.
- Familiar with Design for Six Sigma Design Processes & principals of statistical analysis and problem
/ solution selection.
- Responsible for participation in conceptual development of a product line architecture and partitioning, enhancing the prior art of product performance and cost effectively.
- Must keep abreast of current technology and assess relative value of technology alternatives in the design processes.
- Responsible for concept generation, prototype validation testing and product qualification testing with respect to schedule and problem resolution for assigned programs.
- Implement Process Improvement projects directed at the Hardware development methods.
- Must understand and practice laboratory procedures and develop and perform or supervise laboratory qualification and certification testing for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, and general laboratory cleanliness.
- Familiarity with appropriate Agency requirements such as UL508 and EN61800-3, 61800-5 IEC 61508 product specific standards.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to : Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Must lead project development teams composed of engineers and technicians, to develop the required Functional department deliverables.
- Must be responsible for the activities of any exempt and non-exempt personnel including training, performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, but not including salary administration. May be requested to contribute toward the performance appraisal of exempt personnel.
- Recognition as the “technical expert” in a specific area of product design and must promote new approaches thourgh the development organization.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Identify and promote new methodology’s & processes to bring efficiency to the development process.
WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE
- A minimum of a four year technical degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Masters or PHD degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years or related experience at the design engineer level.
- Team of 500+ engineers.
- Work on interesting projects in independent research and development center.
- International working environment in the dynamic company.
- Annual bonus.
- Competitive benefits package including group life insurance, private health care with dentist care included, cafeteria system (Multisport card, cinema tickets etc.), holiday & Christmas bonuses, funds for canteen, language courses and others.
- Trainings and development possibilities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Recommendation program Connect a friend.