Formed in 1984, V.Ships is the leading supplier of independent ship management and related marine services to the global shipping industry. Currently, it supplies services to a fleet of over 1000 vessels and manages a crew roster of 35,000 staff.
V.Ships operates across a diverse range of markets, locations and areas of expertise which provides huge opportunities for our people, on shore and at sea. Working with V.Group means being part of a company which is committed to providing a fulfilling and rewarding career for our people and being part of a team of exceptional talent and expertise who will support you in the achievement of your personal career ambitions and goals.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure assigned vessels and positions are adequately and competently manned and operated within the prescribed budget. As a member of the Crew Department provide an effective, efficient and integrated service to colleagues within the office and Group internationalcrewing network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Assist in planning the appointment of personnel to assigned vessels in accordance with company procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience/training/qualification matrices.
- Assist the Crew Manager in the preparation of a 12 month forward looking Crew Rotation Plan for assigned vessels
- Assist the Crew Manager to monitor the seafarer recruitment processes
- Be proactive with advice and support to colleagues with the aim of building strong professional working relationships. Advise the Crew Manager of any identified problems/difficulties.
- Plan, implement and control crew changes making appropriate arrangements in compliance with company procedures.
- Assist in the implementation and follow-up of Seafarers Performance Appraisals, ensure input of appraisal reports to ShipSure.
- Assist the Crew Manager to ensure that assigned vessels manning levels comply with relevant international and Flag State legislation, union agreements and, in consultation with the Fleet Superintendent are compatible with vessel’s maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Good communication (oral and written) skills in Polish and English.
- Good computer operating skills including word processing and spreadsheet experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels.
- Thorough awareness and good understanding of cultural and diversity issues.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Proven ability to work to, and meet, tight deadlines.
- job in the international environment
- long term employment
- training and development opportunities
- fair salary