Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
An Security Analyst is a key member of our Global Threat Operations for Trustwave Enterprise Customer Care group. In addition to possessing technical knowledge, a Security Analyst interacts extensively with customers and partners using polite professional etiquette, and serves as a technical point of escalation within the SOC.
CYBER THREAT ANALYST - GLOBAL THREAT OPERATIONS
Location: Warsaw, office at Prosta 51 Street
Working time pattern: FULL TIME
Security Analysts perform the following duties:
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network analysis and understand detected threats.
- Configure, manage, and upgrade Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms.
- Analyze and respond to security events from firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, AV and other security data sources within documented SLA.
- Tune devices for blocking and reporting based on customer business need.
- Baseline threat detection devices for unique customer environments.
- Test and improve signature-based and other detection methods.
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to customer tickets.
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their managed services, managed devices and detected threats.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security best practices.
- Resolve problems independently and understands the correct escalation procedures.
- Perform rotating on-call duties (nights/weekend rotations)
- Act as a mentor and escalation point for analysts within the SOC threat team
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Information security best practices & network security architecture
- Unix / Linux operating systems
- TCP/IP networking
- Sourcefire/Snort based security products
- IP Tables/Packet filter firewalls
- Scanning technologies
- Log collection and analysis tools
- 3 or more years of information security or networking experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Certified in Security related Industry, Vendor or Professional Certification
- 2nd language is also desired: Spanish, Portuguese
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
- Work in multicultural and very modern working environment
- Extensive training
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Contact with global clients
- Flexible schedule
- Full time employment contract
Trustwave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.