sharing the costs of sports activities
(Cybersecurity) DevOps Engineer
HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o.
- Kapelanka 42a, Dębniki, KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- offer expired 4 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
- remote recruitment
- запрошуємо працівників з України
- Робота для іноземцівбез польської
Technologies we use
About the project
Global Cybersecurity is responsible for enabling businesses and functions to manage their information,
technology and cybersecurity risks by ensuring these are well-understood, and that controls used the manage
such events are defined, assessed and implemented appropriately. Cybersecurity predominantly deliver this via
objective, independent, professional and specialized subject matter experts. The role forms part of the first line of
defence in relation to the risk management framework.
The Cybersecurity Assessment and Testing (CSAT) function, part of Global Cybersecurity, is accountable for
Vulnerability Management, Secure Development (inc. DevSecOps), Threat and Controls Assessment (inc. threat
modelling) and Third Party Security Assessment. The function drives the identification, capture, assessment,
testing/verification and ultimately the remediation of security defects, gaps and vulnerabilities across HSBC’s
estate in conjunction with business and technology teams – on-premise, within the Cloud and for those resulting
from third party engagements
The role will report to the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team lead and could be focused on one of two areas:
• Monitoring, logging and alerting; or
• DevOps delivery and maintenance of environments to support internal projects
• The role will be accountable for the following:
• Ensuring tasks and sprint planning is accurate and achievable.
• Acting as a Technical SME for the platforms hosting the Cybersecurity applications.
• Evolving and maintaining a process for innovation, including pilots and proof-of-concepts to assess
• viability before rolling out to the wider Global Cybersecurity Operations teams.
• Providing SME input into new technology deployments and new features.
• Collaborating with the wider Cybersecurity and IT teams to ensure that the core, underlying
• technological capabilities that underpin an effective and efficient operational response to current and
• anticipated threats and trends remain fit for purpose and aligned with the global Cyber structure and
• Working with SMEs for other Cyber tools and third parties to provide a stable environment.
• Writing technical documents to support the delivered code.
• Proposing new technologies and techniques to quickly and comprehensively identify vulnerable
• infrastructure and platforms in the environment.
• Collaborating with stakholders at various levels across Cybersecurity and other IT teams, to develop
• solutions that protect HSBC.
• Assisting with training and development of colleagues in areas of specialization.
Monitoring and Logging
• Maintaining and monitoring the logging and monitoring services needed to ensure the smooth
• operation of the Cybersecurity Assessment and Testing services.
• Monitoring the workflow automation tools in use.
• Managing daily operations of the infrastructure supporting the global Cybersecurity Assessment and
• Testing solutions, including application and database servers, Kubernetes clusters, virtual machines and
• cloud-based resources.
• Maintaining the workflow automation tools in use.
• Maintain proper security posture of the infrastructure in use, including patching and updating of servers,
• analysis and remediation of new and open vulnerabilities, enforcement of security standards.
• Implementing changes, providing post go-live support, and ensuring that DevOps have the appropriate
• documentation and training needed to ensure a successful, uneventful go-live.
• Providing continuous support for existing content and automation running in the live environment,
ensuring fast and quality driven bug fixes.
• 5+ years of experience in a DevOps role within an agile delivery environment.
• Familiarity with Service and Change Management processes and tools such as ServiceNow.
• Experience working within an enterprise scale organisation; including hands-on experience of complex
• data centre and software delivery environments, preferably in the finance or similarly regulated
• Ability to follow and suggest improvements to operational procedures, workflows and processes to
• support the team in consistent and high-quality execution of issue monitoring and detection.
• Automation and Orchestration driven mindset.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work and lead in a fast paced, team focused environment with a proven track record of
• delivering and completing assigned tasks as an individual and as team.
• Willingness to continuously learn, improve, and share learnings with others.
Logging, Monitoring and Alerting
• Experience working with centralized logging, monitoring and alerting products such as Application Dynamics, Splunk and xMatters to proactively prevent outages and downtime.
• Experience implementing and maintaining highly scalable and resilient platforms and applications.
• Working knowledge of third-party cloud computing platforms such as Ali Cloud, AWS, Azure, and GCP.
• Experience working with virtualization, container, secrets management, automation, scheduling and source code management technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Hashicorp Vault, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible Tower, Puppet, GIT.
Good working knowledge of Python, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, IP networking, Linux and Windows Server will be an advantage
What we offer
Fast changing and exciting specialized area within cyber security including embracing the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing
Employees’ benefits: Multisport Card, private medical and dental health care, life insurance
Internal training events and workshops
Realistic career progression opportunities in an international organization
Casual dress code
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
doctor’s duty hours in the office
retirement pension plan
no dress code
video games at work
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
extra social benefits
employee referral program
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
Welcome to HSBC!
HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o.
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Our global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 63 countries and territories.
HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is HSBC's global finance, operations, risk and technology centre. We use our unique expertise and capabilities to provide specialised services – our people range from technologists transforming the banking experience to operations professionals managing 1.7 trillion payments a year.
Our Purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We are bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.