- Valid for 25 daysuntil: 18 Aug 2021
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- manager / supervisor
We remain a fast growing organization and therefore we are looking for a leader of one of the teams in our cybersecurity office. As a Cybersecurity Engineering Manager you will lead the team of cybersecurity engineers. You will take responsibility for technology solutions and concepts to increase time of prevention, decrease time of detection and response and help providing assurance that cybersecurity goals have been met. You will provide ownership for various cybersecurity processes and related documentation.
• Managing the team of information security engineers, hire and train new staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide leadership and coaching, including technical and personal development programs for team members;
• Supervising design, implementation, development and maintenance of various security tools, and solutions;
• Providing ownership and requirements for various security solutions not maintained directly by cybersecurity teams;
• Providing technical security expertise both to other cybersecurity teams and to internal organization worldwide;
• Proposing security controls and countermeasures for projects, initiatives and solutions across the organization;
• Preparing and maintaining technical security requirements, guidelines and standards as well as configuration/architectural recommendations;
• Managing and executing various security processes, including vulnerability management and penetration testing;
• Contributing to risk assessment process, security exceptions handling, incident management and forensic analysis;
• Researching new cybersecurity trends impacting or interesting for the organization;
• Keeping relationships with vendors and third parties;
• Ensuring security engineering performance metrics meet assigned goals.
• MSc/BSc degree in information and communication technology;
• 8+ years of hands-on experience in cybersecurity;
• 3+ years of leadership/management experience;
• Leadership abilities, with the capability to develop and guide security engineering team members and IT operation personnel, and work with minimal supervision;
• Hands-on experience with various security technologies and tools (including cloud-based systems) like vulnerability scanners, web application firewalls, network access control systems, endpoint/mobile protection systems, log management platforms, network firewall, web proxies, public key infrastructure;
• Working knowledge of authentication protocols, networking protocols, operating systems, web applications and databases as well as their weaknesses;
• Deep understanding of security threats and their mitigation techniques;
• Familiarity with architecture security principles and security processes;
• Understanding of software development lifecycle and related security countermeasures;
• Critical approach to security offerings based on facts and experience;
• Certification in the cybersecurity field (OSCP/ GPEN/GWAPT/GCFE/GCIH, vendor certification, CISSP) is a bonus.
• Accountable, proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities;
• Skill in mentoring, coaching, and providing feedback;
• Analytical and problem-solving way of thinking with “business first” approach;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including talking about cybersecurity to non-security or non-IT professionals;
• Fluency in English (Polish is not required)
Staples Solutions is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions. At Staples we do much more than selling paper clips and pens. We are committed to making more happen for our customers and being the go-to solutions provider for products and services for their workspace needs.
You will join Staples in a busy and exciting period where you will get a chance to play an active role in our business transformation. You might have read about our sale; https://www.staples.eu/news/detail/news/staples-solutions-and-lyreco-sign-agreement-to-sell-norwegian-swedish-danish-german-austrian-and/
If you like to be part of this exciting journey we can guarantee you that you will become part of a positive, supportive, challenging and dynamic culture with lots of opportunities to grow and develop. We seek to develop a workforce that reflects our diverse communities and customers we serve by embracing diversity and inclusion in all its forms.
In Staples we care about our workforce and want to make sure that all stay safe in the current state of the world. Where work allows it, we now work from home and all our interviews do take place on-line.
If this speaks to you, feel free to check out our other jobs as well.