- Kapelanka 42A, 30-347 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Rekrutacja zdalna
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Global Cybersecurity Operations (GCO) provides a coordinated suite of “Network Defence” services responsible for detecting and responding to information and cybersecurity threats to HSBC assets across the globe and is under the management of the Head of Global Cybersecurity Operations. This includes dedicated functions for the monitoring and detection of threats within the global estate as well as Cybersecurity Incident Management and Response activities. These two principal functions are supported by additional internal GCO capabilities in; Cyber Intelligence and Threat Analysis, Security Sciences and Client Engagement and Support Services. Critical to the success of GCO is it close partnership with sister Cybersecurity teams, IT Infrastructure Delivery and Global Business and Function clients. The overall GCO mission is placed under the purview of the Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
The Cybersecurity Monitoring and Threat Detection Team are charged with efficiently and effectively monitoring the HSBC global technology and information estate 24x7. The team’s mission is to detect the presence of any adversary within the estate, quickly analyse the severity and scope of the issue and work with the Cybersecurity Incident Management and Response Team to contain, mitigate and remediate the incursion. In addition, the team is responsible for constantly improving its detection capability through attack analysis and ensuring that the appropriate security event information is being fed into the team and that the alerting rules are tuned for maximum effectiveness. This mission is critical to the protection of HSBC customers, the HSBC brand, shareholder value, as well as HSBC information and financial assets.
Analysts are responsible for monitoring multiple HSBC networks simultaneously using the latest threat detection technologies to detect, analyse and respond to cyber security incidents. The Analyst will follow detailed processes and procedures to identify and analyse these incidents, escalating to and supporting more senior analysts based on the severity and potential impact of the incident.
- Monitoring the entire global HSBC technology and information estate for new attacks and log them to appropriate systems.
- Triaging potentially malicious events to determine severity and criticality of the event.
- Responding to alerts from the various monitoring/detection systems and platforms within defined SLAs.
- Following detailed processes and procedures to analyse, respond to and/or escalate cyber security incidents.
- Supporting cyber security incidents through to eradication and feedback lessons learned, in to improved cyber resilience.
- Analysing network traffic using a variety of analysis tools.
- Monitoring security appliance health and perform basic troubleshooting of security devices; notify security engineering as necessary for malfunctioning equipment.
- Analysing malicious artefacts obtained from network monitoring with a focus on generation of threat intelligence and service improvement.
- Identifying and developing new ideas to enhance our detection capability (Use cases) and mitigations (Playbooks) across the security platforms.
- Reviewing and validating new Use Cases and Playbooks created by Cybersecurity colleagues.
- Researching emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of cyber incidents.
- Applying structured analytical methodologies to maximise threat intelligence growth and service efficacy.
- Supporting handovers to other teams and countries at the start and end of the working shift.
- Contributing to the continued evolution of hunting, monitoring, detection, analysis and response capabilities and processes.
- Training, developing and mentoring colleagues in area(s) of specialism.
- Collaborating with the wider Cybersecurity (and IT) teams to ensure that the core, underlying technological capabilities that underpin an effective and efficient operational response to current and anticipated threats and trends remain fit for purpose.
- Identifying processes that can be automated and orchestrated to ensure maximum efficiency of Global Cybersecurity Operations resources.
- Promoting a “self-critical” and continuous assessment and improvement culture whereby identification of weaknesses in the bank’s control plane (people, process and technology) are brought to light and addressed in an effective and timely manner.
- Supporting engagement in support of HSBC Global Businesses and Functions to drive a global up-lift in cyber-security awareness and help to evangelise HSBC Cybersecurity efforts and success.
- demonstrative experience in similar cyber security analyst role
- Experience within an enterprise scale organisation; including hands-on experience of complex data centre environments, preferably in the finance or similarly regulated sector would be beneficial
- Industry recognised cyber security related certifications including; CEH or EnCE or SANS GSEC or GCIH or GCIA or CISSP would be beneficial
- Formal education and advanced degree in Information Security, Cyber-security, Computer Science or similar and/or commensurate demonstrated work experience in the same
- Good investigative skills and insatiable curiosity.
- Instinctive and creative, with an ability to think like the enemy.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to communicate technical topics to diverse audiences.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- Ability to learn quickly through hands on experience.
- Experience defining and refining operational procedures, workflows and processes to support the team in consistent, quality execution of monitoring and detection
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt and efficient service to the business.
- An understanding of organisational mission, values and goals and consistent application of this knowledge.
- Self-motivated and possessing of a high sense of urgency and personal integrity.
- Highest ethical standards and values.
- Knowledge of cyber security principles, global financial services business models, regional compliance regulations and laws.
- Good understanding and knowledge of common industry cyber security frameworks, standards and methodologies, including; OWASP, ISO2700x series, PCI DSS, GLBA, EU data security and privacy acts, FFIEC guidelines, CIS and NIST standards.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English, in addition to your local language.
- Experience analysing logs for indicators of compromise, collected from various network monitoring devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, web proxies, email filters, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of common log management suites, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, use of “Big Data” and Cloud-based solution for the collection and real-time analysis of security information.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience of common cybersecurity technologies such as; IDS / IPS / HIPS, Advanced Anti-malware prevention and analysis, Firewalls, Proxies, MSS, etc.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience of common operating systems and platforms to include Windows, Linux, UNIX, Oracle, Citrix, GSX Server, iOS, OSX, etc.
- Good knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, HTTP, etc. and network protocol analysis suites.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience in incident response tools, techniques and process for effective threat containment, mitigation and remediation.
- Good knowledge of key information risk management and security related standards including OWASP, ISO2700x series, PCI DSS, GLBA, EU data security and privacy acts, FFIEC guidelines and NIST standards
- Functional knowledge of scripting, programming and/or development of bespoke tooling or solutions to solve unique problems.
- Functional knowledge and technical experience of 3rd party cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience in common cybersecurity incident response and forensic investigation tools such as: EnCase, FTK, Sleuthkit, Kali Linux, IDA Pro, etc.
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting career path in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, other employees’ benefits.
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae in English, using "Apply now" button below.