- Kapelanka 42A, 30-347 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 6 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Unix Security Engineer
We’re currently looking for technologists with a background in Unix/Linux operating system configuration security to join our global team and contribute to the protection of HSBC Unix/Linux servers located in our global data centres, internal cloud platform, and public cloud platforms.
The Cybersecurity Technology Platform Security Team is responsible for the security posture of Unix/Linux operating system configuration at HSBC. Our team defines security controls, and work with other HSBC teams to ensure that the security controls are met. We also work to provide secure solutions to project teams to meet their objectives.
Team members are currently located in 7 countries across 3 continents. Ample opportunity for cross-cultural exchange!
Ongoing protection of HSBC Unix/Linux servers though the definition and enforcement of security controls. Development of secure solutions to meet the project needs of internal customers.
- Ensure compliance to relevant policies and Security Standards across all Unix/Linux systems. Contribute to Compute Security. This includes:
- - Assist in related activities within the platform domain.
- Contribute to the platform/infrastructure security projects.
- Contribute to the platform/infrastructure security processes.
- Delivering Cybersecurity control requirements for the platform/infrastructure security domain.
- Operating a first line of defense to ensure compliance with policies and standards.
- Implementing and maintaining an effective engagement model across all regions, global businesses, and global functions.
- Researching, engaging, and managing third party vendors where relevant to support functional objectives.
- Working with security start-ups, as well as more established companies, to support design partnerships and shape product/service offerings to meet the requirements of the bank.
- Provide thought leadership to the function and broader Cybersecurity organization, driving transformational change and capability uplift across the bank.
- Collaborate with various layers of management across Cybersecurity and other IT teams to develop solutions that protect the organization.
- Design and drive the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts, and process improvements to protect the bank for a continuously changing threat landscape.
Experience & skills:
- 5+ years of experience focused on Unix/Linux platform security, including secure configuration and OS hardening.
- Formal education in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science or similar and/or commensurate demonstrated work experience in the same.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in interacting with technical leaders and various layers of management.
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across boundaries.
- Willingness to continuously learn and share learnings with others.
Not required but desired:
- Industry qualifications (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc) considered a plus.
- Scripting ability in python, perl, or alternative language is desirable.
- Experience with privilege escalation tools sudo and dzdo
- Experience with Centrify DirectControl and DirectAudit products.
- Experience with Ansible or other orchestration products.
- Contact with top IT technologies available in the market.
- Employees’ benefits: Multisport Card, private medical and dental health care, life insurance,
- Free parking space for our employees – few minutes from the office,
- Internal training events and workshops,
- Realistic career progression opportunities in an international organization,
- Commutable office location – Kapelanka street,
- Casual dress code,
- Cultural exchange.
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae in English, using "Apply now" button below.