Elavon provides businesses with one of the most secure, cost effective and comprehensive card payment processing services available on the market today. We are wholly owned by US Bancorp, the fifth largest financial holding in the United States of America. Elavon is a top 5 Acquirer in the European market place, with a significant presence in Ireland, the UK, Germany, Norway, Poland, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and USA. At Elavon we encourage employees to grow professionally and be challenged by a leader in the payments industry. We are looking for team members to help drive our growth. Above all, we look for people who are dedicated to providing value and superior service to our customers, to our shareholders and to our communities. Come join us.
For more details about us please see our web site www.elavon.pl
Data Protection EngineerLocation: Warsaw
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s).
- Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by protection products best practice documentation.
- Performs necessary infrastructure maintenance in accordance with protection products and customer's change management policies.
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems with hardware and software. Able to monitor capacity thresholds of existing systems and make proactive recommendations for acquiring additional capacity and purging obsolete data.
- Proactively researches information to support analysis of storage, recovery and backup technologies and systems.
- Represents in a professional manner to customers, Partners and other personnel at all times.
- Provides support and instruction to customers and less experienced co-workers. Acts as a mentor and assists or presents training development environments to peers, and customers.
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of Dell EMC Data Protection solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with data protection products. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of Dell EMC products.
- Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required. Performs infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required. Provides assistance to protection products technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with protection products colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Participates in the continual review and improvement of existing operational policies and procedures in compliance with best practices. This includes automating repetitive and manual activities to increase productivity, improve service quality and reduce opportunity for errors.
- May perform other duties as requested.
- 5+ years experience providing effective and efficient backup and recovery support and administration for a large enterprise environment
- At least 5 years experience with a variety of procedures and technologies for backup archiving and retrieval of enterprise data
- 2+ years of Dell EMC protection products – implementation and administration
- Proficient with Windows and Linux environments having the ability to troubleshoot system issues as they relate to backups
- Understanding of security best practices and recommend solutions or patches as part of preventative measures
- 3+ years experience with enterprise class storage. This experience should include troubleshooting performance related issues in relation to data protection solutions.
- Experience supporting 24/7 customer operational support and delivery services
- Experience leading and mentoring backup engineers
- Experience working in an ITIL based process oriented customer environment
- Strong communication skills, flexibility and positive attitude
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer facing role experience
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and expand skill sets
Desired experience in:
- Systems Administration as it relates to backups and data protection
- An in depth understanding of data protection concepts and processes
- Netbackup experience
- Networker experience
Preffered experience in:
- Datadomain administration
- Windows System Administration
- Linux System Administration
- Snapshot and image level backup concepts
- TSM or Spectrum Protect experience
- Understanding of Database backup principals
- Full time position, employment agreement;
- Excellent package including complex medical care, group insurance, Multisport card, language classes;
- Highly professional, multicultural environment and high standards of work;
- Professional trainings, opportunity to develop career path in organizational structures, support in career planning;
- Work in a dynamic team with a supportive inclusive culture and strong values;
- Interaction with Clients and Colleagues across the globe;
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment;
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects.
U.S. Bank Named a 2017 World’s Most Ethical Company® by Ethisphere Institute
Please enclose to your application signed statement:
I hereby agree for processing my personal data provided in my CV/Application form, which I provide voluntarily, and which go beyond the scope of personal data that an employer may request from a candidate under the provisions of labor law, by Elavon Financial Services DAC (Sp. z o.o. o Wyznaczonym Przedmiocie Działalności) Oddział w Polsce Warsaw 02-515, ul. Puławska 17, for the purpose of this recruitment process.