Data Scientist leads and supports methodology improvement and innovation projects for the Methods group.
CHALLENGES THAT AWAIT YOU:
- Independently execute analyses to support innovation initiatives, methodology development, standards and best practices.
- Participate in prototyping as well as supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas includes – but not limited to – trend analyses, representation/sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
- Address major quality escapes (problems).
- Plays key role in documenting new methodologies and best practices.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test new consumer and retail measurement methodologies.
- Support design and testing of data collection methodologies for Nielsen panels and surveys.
- Provide research support for the identification and implementation of methods and best practices to improve respondent cooperation and optimize data collection approaches.
- Represents Data Science in meetings and interactions with other Nielsen departments.
- B.S. or Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in trend analyses, multivariate statistics (parametric / non-parametric), sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data aggregation techniques, automation, generalization.
- Proficiency in high-level programming language (e.g. Python, R).
- Strong communication/writing skills.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret large data sets.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in big data technologies, cloud computing and machine learning.
- Knowledge in SQL, working with Algorithms, and large-scale databases.
- Demonstrates experience in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
- Domain expert in at least one area: Demography, Sampling, Statistics Modeling, Research Practices, Retail measurement, Audience Measurement, Data Integration.
- Experience with digital user engagement.