Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 65965BR
Do you have inquisitive mind and like working in fast-changing environment? Are you willing to create your own ways of working and contribute to the development of the team? If yes, Shell Trading & Supply is the place to be. Working for Trading & Supply opens a window for you to international commodity trading. You will be part of world’s biggest commodity transactions and will be dealing with world-class trading professionals.
Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals natural gas, electrical power and CO2. Trading offices are located in the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, Dubai and Russia.
Why to join Shell Trading & Supply?
- You will gain invaluable experience in commodity trading operations that is a great asset in trading hubs around the world. It is not possible to have this experience in any similar company in Poland.
- Shell makes it possible to learn every aspect of trading through rotating positions, participation in cross-functional projects, international assignments. Shell is universally respected in the energy industry for the quality of its operations. You just need to know what you want, be willing and capable to do that.
- You will get clear feedback on your strengths and improvement areas, also for your long-term career goals, with practical and tailored Individual Development Programme
- Work in newly setup organization, create your ways of working, design, develop and implement improvements (operating procedures, IT tools)
- Enjoy inclusive and relaxed culture
- Modern, inspiring working environment: relax room, games room, on-site cafeterias, canteens
- Convenient office location
- The demurrage analyst is naturally inquisitive and investigates what happened on a voyage after operations have finished, were there any disruption, deviations from the plan and what was contractually agreed
- Using a commercial mind-set, the demurrage analyst prepares claims, ensures quick receipt of funds of said claims and discusses with suppliers and receivers’ reduction on costs claimed & maximization on recovery claims made for Shell within the agreements made by the traders
- The ability to collaborate with other demurrage analysts, Commercial Operations, Contracts, Trading & Supply and manufacturing teams will be utilized to share knowledge, give advice, increase operational excellence, share best practices, avoid profit leakage and implement remedies
- Taking ownership for safety, compliance and audit readiness
- Sharing knowledge, best practice on regular basis within own team and in broader organizatio
- Following internal procedures for approval of payments and settlements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and curiosity to get to the bottom of a case
- 3rd p-ty negotiation skills
- Well-organized, able to work under tight deadlines and prioritize based on commercial value
- Good relationship building skills (scope: traders, operators, legal)
- Proven improvement mindset (scope: processes, IT tools, interactions with stakeholders)
- Ability to read legal language is an advantage
- Demurrage or Contractual Claims or Logistics/Shipping industry experience is an advantage
- University degree
- English B2/C1, German/Dutch B2 is nice to have
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.